L - ground turkey meatloaf
    S - 1 hb egg, slice cheese
    D - Crock pot beef stew
    E - 30 min weight lifting

Finished reading PB.

Day 2 -

MIGRAINE TODAY

B - 3 scrambled eggs, 2 tbs salsa
    S - 15 macadamia nuts (never had them before, like them)
    L - ground turkey meatloaf
    S - 2 slices of bacon
    D - 8 oz steak, 1 cup cooked squash
    E - none with migraine

Can see that I am eating like I did before every 2-3 hours a day. Now that I see that, I will focus more on eating when I am hungry and not on that routine that I am programed to eat. Realized that I will need to readjust my thinking and take this one day at a time!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Day 3 -

7am - 3 scrambled eggs, 2 tbs salsa
    2pm - 1/3 pound hamburger patty, 1 slice muenster cheese, 1/2 cup cantelope, 6 cherry tomatoes
    E - walked around walmart for 1 hr

Woke up with a MIGRAINE this morning so haven't done any big exercising. I planned today to listen to my body and eat when I got hungry. I have to say that at 2pm today, I still wasn't hungry, but since I had not eaten for so long, my mind pressed me to eat something. Still struggling with not eating every 2-3 hrs. Another realization that I need to listen more to my hunger. So, I plan to not eat again until I feel hungry.

I went shopping and bought steaks, hamburger, and veggies. Made out some patties and have the steaks and patties on cookie sheets in the freezer so I can put them in bags in the freezer and take out one at a time as I need them. Trying to find ways to make this easy and quick should I need it.

Not employed right now, so things are easy. When I go back to work, I am sure it will be a little harder, so I am trying new ways that will make my meals easy.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Day 4 -

5am - 3 scrambled eggs 19.8g protein - 1/2g carbs
    1 slice bacon 2g protein - 0 carbs
    1/2 cup cantaloupe .25g protein - .5g carbs

11am - 10 macadamia nuts 2.2g protein - 3.9g carbs

2pm - 1/4 pound ground hamburger 19.3g protein - 0g carbs
    1 slice muenster cheese 5g protein - 1g carbs
    1 sliced zucchini .3g protein - .3g carbs
    1/2 cup cantaloupe .25g protein - .5g carbs

Totals - 49.1g protein - 10.9g carbs

Have been worried that I am not eating enough. Read on another thread that a lady ate 100g protein/50g carbs for 4 months and lost 100 pounds. That got me curious, so I looked up what I have been eating. I am sure the nutrition counter I used might not be completely accurate, but give or take my results are really low. Going to eat something else tonight to get the numbers up. Started a thread sharing my amounts and seeing what kind of advice I can get.

5pm - 1 cup ground turkey meatloaf 13.2g protein - 14.8g carbs

That took the total up to 62.3g protein - 25.7g carbs

Still seems small. Might need to do more tweeking tomorrow.....
    Last edited by Kris T; 08-22-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Day 5 -

5am - 3 scrambled eggs
    2 slices bacon chopped up in eggs

10am - 10 macadamia nuts

12pm - 1 cup ground turkey meatloaf
    1 cup cantaloupe

3pm - 4 slices bacon
    1 slice muenster cheese

6pm - 8oz bbq steak (no sauces)
    1 med bbq zucchini w/butter salt/pepper
    1 local plum

Ate more yesterday and I felt more energized throughout the day. This was the first time in probably more than a year that I ate a bbq steak that hubby made. Before primal I would not eat the steak, but would just have all the side dishes that I would normally make instead like potatoes, breads, a veggie. Thinking I was doing myself a favor by not eating the red meat so late in the day. I have to admit that after the steak and zucchini, I felt great. Eating it was not only delicious, but I felt full and satisfied all evening.

Yesterday was an over all good day with energy, and the feeling of being satisfied.

Today I am making zucchini bread for my daughters and neighbor. I won't eat any of it though. Oldest daughter brought me 2 big bags of zucchini and summer squash, and since she is working so much right now and doesn't have the time to bake it, I will do it for her. At least there won't be any preservatives or other chemicals in it.

I feel kind of guilty for baking grains and feeding it to my family, but I decided not to push this down their throats. My kids are all adults, and can make their own decisions. I have gone from one eating plan to another that they just don't listen to me anymore, and really I can't blame them. So, this time, I plan to just do my own thing, and let the results speak for themselves.

I will admit that journaling this journey has helped me have some place to speak. Even if it is to a computer. I am hoping that my family sees my results and how good I feel, and how easy it is to live this lifestyle that they jump on board at some point. Time will tell.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Day 6 -

Today I went out to lunch with the hubby and had to figure out what to eat. We went to a local place that is decorated like a saloon so I figured it would have steaks and other meat. Nope. It only had burgers and sandwiches, so I got a cheese burger with no bun/condiments and a side salad and ate those. Thought I did pretty good for not eating the junk I used to eat.

Also, I bought some grass fed beef at the health food store and tried it out with dinner. Make a 'regualar burger and a grass fed burger and compared the taste. The grass fed burger had a VERY strong flavor. Hubby loved it. Reminded him of the meat from when he was younger. I thought it was a very strong taste and didn't like it much. Guess I will have to get used to the taste since it is a better meat.

5am - 3 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice cheese
    10am - 6 macadamia nuts
    12:30pm - cheese burger patty, side salad with little ranch dressing
    3pm - 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice bacon
    6pm - 3/4 regular patty w/cheese, 3/4 grass fed patty w/cheese, 1 med zucchini
    E - weights 30 minutes/shoveled gravel 2 hours

Looks like a lot of food for today. Tomorrow plan to do a fast after breakfast until dinner, or the next morning. Have not done that yet and want to give it a try.

Feel like I ate a lot, but still feel good. Not bloated or anything.

BTW - didn't make bread. Will make it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kris T; 08-24-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Day 7 -

Today I didn't do the fast. Worked for hours in my daughters yard, and ended up quite hungry. Bought some grass fed beef and bison and tried both for lunch today. They were both really good! Got them at King Soopers.

5am - 3 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice muenster cheese
    10am - 10 macadamia nuts
    2pm - 1/4 pound grass fed beef and bison, 1 slice muenster cheese, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 local grown peaches
    5pm - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 local grown peaches...cause its yummy!
    E - 45 minute walk, 3 hours mixing concrete in a wheel barrel and making a border/shoveling gravel/mowing 2 lawns

Tomorrow morning is my first weigh in after going primal. Week one almost done. Feeling good, and hoping for some weight loss....
    Last edited by Kris T; 08-26-2013 at 06:02 AM.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

FIRST WEEK -

I finished my first week today...here's what I have observed this last week -

*more energy than I have had in years
    *never hungry
    *can eat what I like, and not feel like I am 'suffering'
    *face is clearing up - FAST
    *sleeping really soundly
    *giving up grains/sugar has been EASY (shocking!)
    *LOST 7.2 POUNDS!

I am really excited. I LOVE the weight loss. Absolutely love it. I would think that the weight loss would be the high point, but actually the high is that I love what I eat. I feel satisfied all day, every day. I have not had any of those carb cravings and sugar cravings at all.

The best thought is that I could actually eat this way for the rest of my life. It would be easy. I don't feel anymore like I am struggling to think about what I could eat when I get hungry. I used to go back and forth with what to eat, when to eat it, and how it will make me feel after I eat it. Now I know I will love what I eat, I only have to eat when I am hungry, and it is easy to find something to eat, even when out and about.

I wish I would have found this lifestyle years ago. So glad I found it now.

Looking forward to the next week and how life will be!

HAPPY HAPPY DAY!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Yay, Kris T you have found your happy place. You need to bottle that! Congratulations on your success. I know what you mean. Why am I only finding this out now? Why did I spend 20 + years of my life on ridiculous diets. Well you're here now and welcome!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Jittery jay is offline Junior Member
    Great job krist!

Thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling so good, I have a permanent smile on my face.

Day 8 -

5am - 3 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice muenster cheese
    10am - 10 macadamia nuts
    2pm - IHOP w/daughter - 3 scrambled eggs, sprinkling of cheese, 8 slices of bacon

Had lunch today with my daughter and had breakfast at ihop. Was fun to go out and be able to eat something easy. Bacon rocks!

Not hungry at all, so am skipping dinner and will see how I feel tomorrow.

STILL SMILING!!!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast