Thread: "An Open Apology..." page

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member

"An Open Apology..."

Primal Fuel

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    The readers comments are ... dire

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Last edited by Slinkykitty; 08-20-2013 at 10:54 PM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    A friend posted that on Facebook and a girl commented on her struggles to lose weight. She had joined a gym and started lifting and lost inches but quit as she was not losing weight. It made me so fucking sad. I posted a link to Nia Shanks..... I hope she looks at it because she is a victim of bad advice.

The sad thing is that on Jenny Craig, the weight lost is not fat alone, but muscle, bone mass and water.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkykitty View Post
    I wonder why News.com.au didn't mention it was Jenny Craig. Interesting.
    I saw this last week and they didn't mention Jenny Craig either. Not anywhere. Weird.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    While I don't approve per se of any pre-packaged weight loss program, I can see how it would help take away decision making thereby putting the tiger in the closet. But at some point, unless one wants to live on pre-packaged foods the rest of one's life, you have to learn to make intelligent decisions about real food.

The apology sounds disingenuous to me. Sort of like, "I'm sorry I taught you all that Bible stuff because now I've seen the light and Buddhism is the one true way."

There's nothing wrong with 1200 calories a day. For some small and/or relatively inactive women, it's a fine amount of food. I would temper that with the occasional "feast" of 1600-1800 calories only because the body is so adaptive that just about any regimen with no change will lead to head-screwing, long-lasting plateaus.

Anyway, just like many people around here wouldn't take weight loss advice from a fat person, I rarely listen to weight loss advice from someone who's never had to lose weight. So, imo anyone getting sucked into a "pay to lose" scheme pretty much gets what they deserve.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite