Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Primal diet - marketing machine page 36

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I'm not mad at all. Just saying that I agree with the price being way high, but it doesn't, for me, detract from his writings.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lelion View Post
    As an example, I'm sure there are a line up of middle age to older women who are desperate to lose weight and have bought into the primal stuff and need the supplements to get the results they have been promised and have the supplements on monthly auto ship. .
    I have no idea why you would assume its older women buying this stuff.
    Last edited by lea; 08-25-2013 at 08:14 AM.

lelion is offline Senior Member
    Alright alright... Fair enough... The primal thing seems ok. I guess if it works for you, cool.

Off Duty is offline Member
    Holy crap!!! I can't believe this dude kept up the same rhetoric for 35 pages I see his point, the stuff is a bit pricey, and may not walk lockstep with the "Paleo" program. Ok, I gotcha man. So don't buy it! Simple as that.

I'm a primal newbie, and while I've lost over 50# and gained firmness and muscle on this misguided journey, I still take the time to research and think for myself. As for Mr. Sisson's supplements, I've tried them, and usually keep a bag of the protein powder around the house. I like the coconut taste, and it seems to mix well. If it were not so pricey, I'd buy it all the time.

I mostly eat clean, but when I am in a hurry, I alternate between a very well designed protein powder that costs less, and Marks. It just depends on what I'm in the mood for?

I'd prefer to do whole foods, but my lifestyle and schedules don't always allow for that. The shakes are quick, tasty and seem to do the trick, whether it's one of Marks, or the other brand.

As far as Mark making money off the sale of supplements, books, clothing, and anything else he chooses to hawk from the site, hell, it's his sandbox!!! More power to him!

He's allowed me to come in here and play with his toys, use his materials and information, and better yet, allows m and the rest to do it for FREE!! Do I care that he uses HIS WEBSITE for PERSONAL GAIN? Not one bit!!

He's taken the time and effort and gone to the expense, to build this ship, and to let me and the rest of us, come aboard for FREE. While I have bought a few of the books, and the protein powder, I can assure you that he's not making a mint off of me.

Sure, I can go out and research (BTDT). I can defer to other "experts" in the field. But why? When all of the information that I really need, can be had right here or in one of the many links provided by the owner or others. And all essentially in one convenient place It provides a forum that allows me to not only interact with like minded people (and some not so-LOL), but provides both psychological and educational support when I need it. Success stories, research material, all of which come in handy from time to time.

And all in a forum that allows almost anyone to come aboard, insult the owner/designer, damn the products, and express their adverse viewpoints, without fear of retribution, removal or censorship

Damned Skippy!!!
    I'm Off Duty, and I approve of this website !!!!

OD
    Last edited by Off Duty; 08-25-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Duty View Post
    Holy crap!!! I'm Off Duty, and I approve of this website !!!![/B]
    Chill out man... In the middle of all this stuff, I talked about grains and primal's view on it, glucose vs. ketones, and a bunch of other stuff... I was merely doing research... I don't know why most of you think I was only talking about the price of the whey powder.

Primal does come across as a little bit gimmicky and I'm not alone in that view.

The supplements give off an infomercial vibe. Last week, I seriously considered the primal blueprint. I've been looking into paleo/primal for some time... I decided to go on forums and talk to figure out if it would work for my goals. Some things don't make sense to me, sure, I talked about the price of the supplements, anyways...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I almost wonder if lelion thinks he's the first person to notice the glaring hypocrisy of supplements in an ancestral way of eating. Mark has addressed this, and acknowledges the obvious incongruities.

As far as I know, almost nobody eats the fake powders. Depending on what channel through which you found the Primal Blueprint, you may have come from dust-swilling brotherhoods and aren't willing to try any way of eating that doesn't involve dust. Or, like me, you grew up on macaroni and cheese and kool-aid and eating real food has been such a cure-all that adding fake food back in pretty much rules out the dust in a can.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    As far as I know, almost nobody eats the fake powders. Depending on what channel through which you found the Primal Blueprint, you may have come from dust-swilling brotherhoods and aren't willing to try any way of eating that doesn't involve dust. Or, like me, you grew up on macaroni and cheese and kool-aid and eating real food has been such a cure-all that adding fake food back in pretty much rules out the dust in a can.
    I originally heard about Paleo through CrossFit freaks, then found that other dude, what's his name... Rob Wolff... Then I saw some video on youtube, and found Mark... I saw he was 60 and had abs... That's what drew me in, you know the rest. :-)

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    This path explains your criticism of the dust. I am so disinclined to buying dust that it has never been a qualm for me. I know Mark has a million-dollar luxury life to fund, so it makes sense he sells expensive dust - especially if people buy it again and again!

I came here as a fat, lazy SAD eater who was studying optimal animal feed, specifically for pet fish. The bottom line kept reading "feed them what they ate in the wild, or as close as possible", and I realized I was an animal, and the rest is history. I jumped in, balked at the cost of real food, got out, got sick again and realized this had to be a priority because nobody should be walking with a cane at the age of 25. I remodeled Primal to fit my povertous budget which meant compromises that would make any fru fru toss cookies. I still lost 50 pounds, gained a lot of muscle and eliminated all or most of my aches and pains, bad skin, indigestion and gas, etc. All without dust. So if you don't want it, don't buy it. Laugh at the obvious marketing strategy, just like Mark must do from time to time, and get to eating real food - in whatever macros and price work for you. I like high-protein, high fat, VLC near-keto most of the time. But that's me, so just take it and tweak it and keep what works.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

If people would only think about what a supplement actually is, then there wouldn't be an issue. A supplement should "supplement" your diet. For example, if want to get more vitamin d in my diet during the winter months, I may supplement with a vitamin d capsule. If I want to increase my daily protein intake by 50g and I can't possibly squeeze another bite of steak down my throat, I might supplement with a shake. The problem is that most people don't view them that way. They want the magic pills and powders to make them look like the people in the ads. They want all the results without any of the hard work. Supplements have their place. Just not in the lives of 95% of people

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lelion View Post
    Chill out man... In the middle of all this stuff, I talked about grains and primal's view on it, glucose vs. ketones, and a bunch of other stuff... I was merely doing research... I don't know why most of you think I was only talking about the price of the whey powder.

Primal does come across as a little bit gimmicky and I'm not alone in that view.

The supplements give off an infomercial vibe. Last week, I seriously considered the primal blueprint. I've been looking into paleo/primal for some time... I decided to go on forums and talk to figure out if it would work for my goals. Some things don't make sense to me, sure, I talked about the price of the supplements, anyways...
    We're chill. Obviously you aren't if you keep coming back after you said you were leaving. By the way, you've considered PB, but haven't tried it so why should we take your advice when you bash it? You're like a critic that gave a book you never even read a bad review because you didn't like another book by the same author. Like I mentioned above, here in America, we have a thing called free market. Stores can sell something for whatever price they want to. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Last edited by Paleo0731; 08-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast