Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for College Student with IBS? page 2

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Erin,

I was never diagnosed officially with IBS, but I have had pretty severe GI issues for the last 8 years after an aggressive round of antibiotics. In fact, it culminated in the loss of about 50 lbs. of mass (and I was a skinny guy to begin with). I've found, both through research of others in the Paleosphere and personal experience, that I do well when I stay away from almost all plants. I do eat potatoes and very occasionally dried berries and use onions and garlic with reckless abandon. I also drink goat milk (to gain weight) and tolerate that fine too. I'd advise checking into grass-fed meat. There's nothing quite as satiating (or tasty) as a nice thick steak marinated for a couple days in olive oil and pan-sauteed in butter. From personal experience, I can eat grain-fed meat without making myself sick or causing too many issues, but grass-fed treats me better.

I also chew up 1-2 Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics 12 Plus daily, and just kind of listen to my body on whether it's 1 or 2.

This regimen has given me better bowel health for about the last month and a half, which is the longest stretch without trouble since before I got sick.

I wish you the best and hope for a speedy recovery. GI problems can be pretty crappy

ErinS is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interesting...but no I don't think cannabis is an option.
    And Kara, thanks for the info but it doesn't sound like I have pelvic floor disorder.
    Thank you both for your input though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12