Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Disappointed" isn't the word... page

Superbeast is offline Member

"Disappointed" isn't the word...

"Furious" is a better one.

Ended up having a rather bad non-Primal weekend... Had some 'culinary obligations' with friends (and some ridiculous late-hour buddy-dramas that had to be dealt with) and found myself astonished by the sheer lack of proper food options at restaurants. I did the best that I could (given light of the circumstances) but, as expected, I am having a MAJOR food hangover...

Spending more in two days of horrid eating than I would in a WEEK of proper at-home cooking is just the HFCS icing on the crapcake. I did fairly well at the *three* diners we went to (the entire damned Triad of Pancakes - Denny's, Village Inn, and IHOP) by bypassing the crap and getting omlettes but I didn't fare as well with the other places we went to... And god knows there were far, far too many stops (persistent friends + kids + STFU!!! OK We'll stop, geez + 'dude, I'm kinda broke" AGAIN = Angry Superbeast)

I am dragging myself back onto the wagon, gritting my teeth and biting my tongue. The more I eat at home the less I want ANYTHING to do with waiting in line, stupid little booths, mystery ingredients, having the bill land in front of *me* AGAIN, and spending a fortune - plus tip - for things that are nowhere near as satisfying as the food at Chez Superbeast. It may seem odd to be infuriated about all of this, but I am... All I know is that I intend to be far, FAR less 'utile' from now on...

I'll be in the corner, gnawing on a steak.
    Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
    Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Myrtille is offline Member
    Are you furious against your friends or against... yourself because you don't know how to avoid such situations ?
    I experienced that feeling a lot, the frustration of total uncontrol. Now I try to work on myself to say "no" more often (But I know that sometimes it's impossible)

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    What, no Waffle House?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtille View Post
    Are you furious against your friends or against... yourself because you don't know how to avoid such situations ?
    I experienced that feeling a lot, the frustration of total uncontrol. Now I try to work on myself to say "no" more often (But I know that sometimes it's impossible)
    It's very much both, actually - My friend pretty much monopolized my weekend, and part of that monopolization was an insistence on going places... Many of which had waitresses.

You're right on the money with "no", though. Methinks I need to get better acquainted with the word... Not easy when there's a young kid he can use to leverage me, but gotta toughen up I guess.

(I also think the SAD feeling I have right now isn't helping my mood... And this is post-bacon!)

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What, no Waffle House?
    Surprisingly, no! Given how abysmal the choices were it's kind of odd that didn't figure into the equation...

john_e_turner_ii is online now Senior Member
    I am sorry Superbeast, but you have violated the Primal laws. You are hereby banished from this forum, website and lifestyle. The Primal lifestyle provides all the nourishment you need, but you could not accept that and betrayed us. Come back in one year. No soup for you!

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Just a suggestion: it is possible to fast for 2 days you know

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I love a good rant, whether it's at our "loved ones" or at ourselves for letting our loved ones get in the way of whatever it is we're trying to accomplish.

And that was a good rant. Enjoy your steak!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    The more I eat at home the less I want ANYTHING to do with waiting in line, stupid little booths, mystery ingredients, having the bill land in front of *me* AGAIN, and spending a fortune - plus tip - for things that are nowhere near as satisfying as the food at Chez Superbeast.
    I hear ya.
    I used to feel triumphant when I played "dodge the bread" and found some iceberg/coldcut salad but now dining just makes me feel ripped off (minus a few local gems).
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    I hear ya.
    I used to feel triumphant when I played "dodge the bread"
    Ha! I find myself quietly stricken when my coworker suggests either a sandwich place or italian for lunch.

Breakfast food is usually ok, though I do get tired of eggs. I know, I know....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast