Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Disappointed" isn't the word... page 2

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    And some breakfast places (i know IHOP does this for sure) put PANCAKE BATTER in their scrambled eggs! I hate going out to eat now, unless it's to a steak house.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    I used to feel triumphant when I played "dodge the bread" and found some iceberg/coldcut salad but now dining just makes me feel ripped off (minus a few local gems).
    We have several places in our area that are high end casual and have a very respectable selection of primal menu items. It's a bit of a thrill for us when the chefs change up the menu with the seasons. Another opened recently and I went online to check out the menu. 90% of the items included some bread or pasta thing. A year ago that wouldn't even have registered with me, but now my first thought was "cheap and lazy", lol.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Bird View Post
    And some breakfast places (i know IHOP does this for sure) put PANCAKE BATTER in their scrambled eggs! I hate going out to eat now, unless it's to a steak house.
    That is so insane, but I hate scrambled eggs out (it's possible this pancake batter thing is part of the reason). I usually order eggs poached.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    That is so insane, but I hate scrambled eggs out (it's possible this pancake batter thing is part of the reason). I usually order eggs poached.
    I think it's just the omelets that are tainted, no? And you can request them batter-free. They'll still be factory junk eggs, fried in rancid oil and will therefore taste like shit. But you can get them without the batter.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think it's just the omelets that are tainted, no? And you can request them batter-free. They'll still be factory junk eggs, fried in rancid oil and will therefore taste like shit. But you can get them without the batter.
    I don't actually like omelets either, so this one isn't so much of an issue for me...

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I feel your pain. Sunday I went on this long hike to this amazing lake where we spent the whole day swimming. We stopped at dinner on the way home and I was so unbelieveably famished by the time we got there, that I ate a half a loaf of bread, a glass of champagne, and garlic fries. I NEVER eat this kind of stuff anymore but I was sooooooooo hungry that I could not say no to anything. Plus I was hiking with this HUGE raft which was really heavy so I didn't pack a lot of food. I could have brought more food and left it in the car but I didn't. Well at least I don't do this often and will plan ahead better next time.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I have figured out a perfect excuse for refusing anything - I am honestly the mother of a dairy-allergic celiac, and all I need to say is that I am doing sympathy eating (exact same foods), 'cause if I totally expect HER to eat like that, I should be able to do it as well...

Notes - I really do that IRL, and you might not have anybody closely related with the requisite serious problems. But I just thought you might be able to use the idea.

Your rant was great - we all reach that point.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if "unrefined" ways of eating will become an accepted category? My workplace has vegetarians and halal folks and everyone is generally knowledgeable and accommodating toward them but when I deflect pasta or cake it still causes an audible record scratch.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if "unrefined" ways of eating will become an accepted category? My workplace has vegetarians and halal folks and everyone is generally knowledgeable and accommodating toward them but when I deflect pasta or cake it still causes an audible record scratch.
    Wouldn't that be nice?

People who know me have become pretty accepting of it. I just frame it as "I don't eat processed foods." When my work unit plans a food activity, everyone is generally considerate of that and accomodates it without much fuss. The last time we went out for lunch, we went to an Indian restaurant with a buffet. That has lots of good primal options as long as you don't eat the rice or naan. I didn't; everyone else did, and everyone was happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast