Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Sugar a poison? page 2

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    One of the huge problems I have with this (besides the issues already stated) is that they are not talking about SUGAR. They are talking about HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. Completely different thing.

I dare you to go into any candy store, convenience store, or supermarket and find candy, some kind of baked good, or even a soda that doesn't have HFCS. The only things I have been able to find are Altoids or merigues at Trader Joe's, and insanely expensive high-end artisanal sodas.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    One of the huge problems I have with this (besides the issues already stated) is that they are not talking about SUGAR. They are talking about HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. Completely different thing.

I dare you to go into any candy store, convenience store, or supermarket and find candy, some kind of baked good, or even a soda that doesn't have HFCS. The only things I have been able to find are Altoids or merigues at Trader Joe's, and insanely expensive high-end artisanal sodas.
    They're not completely different. Standard HFCS blend is 55% fructose. Sucrose is 50% fructose. Difference is insignificant. In Australia, cane sugar is subsidised so is the predominant sweetener. Australia has a large obesity problem, similar to North America

It is the overall dose that has changed dramatically over the past 50 years. Even water is deadly if taken in excess so it's no surprise that other foods can be consumed to toxic levels
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I believe ANYTHING is "poison" if you overdose..... Even vegetables can be "poison" if you eat too many of them - TRUST ME<-- I would know! ha!

That being said, I do not consume added sugar, because I don't believe it to be healthy.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    What kind of sugar? Things work as a system.

You wouldn't eat seed fiber isolate for the same reason, would you?

SteveRB is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Pepsi Throwback is easy to find in grocery stores, it has no HFCS and just sugar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12