Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding New Foods Since Going Primal page

Gregory Grok is offline Member

Question Finding New Foods Since Going Primal

Shop Now
    As we already know, the PB calls for the elimination of certain staples in the conventional diet such as grains, dairy, & legumes. However, during my Paleo/Primal transition, I never looked at this situation and lamented on the fact that I couldn't eat a certain food anymore. Instead, I begin to research and scour the grocery store, farmers market, and the internet for new foods that were just as good or even better than the ones that I was already consuming.

I think that this is one of the greatest benefits of being Primal because we don't really know how many awesome fruits and vegetables are out there until we make a conscious effort to look for them.

I listed a few things below. I'm also interested to know what foods that you have "discovered" since going primal? Thanks!

=========

Spaghetti Squash
    Avocados
    Dates
    Almond Butter/Milk
    Swiss Chard
    Kale
    Bone Marrow
    "Coconut" Everything (Milk/Sugar/Flour)

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I transitioned from the "health food" store propaganda diet so I was already well acquainted with all of the obscure grains, plant foods, herbs, and such. I started eating the insidey parts of animals like heart, kidneys and tongue, various new animals, coconut, palm oil (which was short-lived, blah). That's about it actually. My meals are basically some sort of animal flesh, vegetables, spices and fats. Or fruit, coconut, chia seed pudding if I desire something dessert-like. All in all I eat many fewer types of foods and am a hell of a lot healthier and happier. Fuck quinoa, amaranth, and other bird food.

Oh but today I did eat chickpeas and lentils with ground beef in a chili my dad made. First legumes in months and hopefully last for a long time. I don't miss them.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil and coconut milk have been the discoveries for me. But like Stabby I've been indoctrinated in CW health food propaganda for years and have eaten just about every strange muck you can imagine.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil and kefir

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Beef. Bacon. Coconut stuff.

Fat!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe I had never had coconut oil before PB. I had always believed the CW line that it was an "evil tropical oil".
    Now it's my favorite cooking oil, moisturizer, and "Rocket Fuel" in my morning coffee

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Fat!!!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil
    Fish oil
    Beef heart
    Tongue
    Kidneys
    Bone marrow
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    I don't find myself limited, as I can have most of my absolute FAVORITES in a different form. I can still have chocolate and wine.

I'm looking forward to trying the coconut flour and coconut paste I bought yesterday. I also am looking forward to making chicken livers I think they were called. Bone marrow and even encouraging my husband to take up hunting that I used to frown upon before.

If anything, i find this way of eating freeing.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    All the yummy coconut products.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast