Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do after going a bit overboard??

Hybrid View

What do you do after going a bit overboard??

This past weekend was like birthday extravaganza. Too many celebrations!!!! Whereas I didn't scarf down a pizza or tub of icecream, I do feel like I drifted a bit more than I would prefer. All in all, I'd say I still stayed above the 80/20 mark...but I had been doing much closer to 90/10 for the past month. My point...Saturday night I felt GINormous....that uncomfortable "I ate too much" feeling that sneaks up on you about 30 minutes after you're done. (please no lectures).

Summary of why I feel this way: 2 nights I had one 2x2 square of red velvet cheesecake brownie...totally not primal and totally delicious. 2 nights in a row, I had a small baked potato with butter as part of dinner, 2 nights in a row I had 1 roll out of the danged basket they put in front of you (i'm the only one eating this way, so no i can't tell them to take it away) haha, 1 night I tried a places sweet potato fries...they were oven baked and yummy.

The rest of the weekend, I ate very normal and PB. Clean. The rest of the meals from the mentioned above were also PB...veggies & meats.

Please no lectures on how I should have acted/eaten differently. That's not really what I'm asking about.
    At all. I already know I felt bad, physically and mentally.

My question is, what do you all do after you've overindulged a bit too much? Or maybe just eaten too much?

What are your tricks to get back on track?

What do you do to feel better?

What do you do to feel like you undid the "damage"?

The general consensus here is to stop beating yourself up and go on with business as you would. Work out a little harder, maybe fast for a day or half a day. Just don't stress out about it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    The general consensus here is to stop beating yourself up and go on with business as you would. Work out a little harder, maybe fast for a day or half a day. Just don't stress out about it.
    That's what I do, fast. But only if I feel like it. Mostly this is skipping dinner.

you do this:

The rest of the weekend, I ate very normal and PB. Clean. The rest of the meals from the mentioned above were also PB...veggies & meats.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

laugh about it. swear you won't do it again for a long time. enjoy your life. continue as normal.

other option: raw kale for 7 days and wear a hairshirt.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    other option: raw kale for 7 days and wear a hairshirt.
    So funny. We all punish ourselves - and it never helps!

If I have a bad day or weekend, I just move along, as it's very stressful to do otherwise, and we're supposed to be enjoying life. If I see myself in a bad trend or downward spiral (recently) I take action that will make me feel a bit more in control and help me to strengthen my resolve. Right now I'm doing a Whole 30, because I've had a summer of slowly seeing some bad habits come back in. I think you could even do something along those guidelines for just a week or so, so you feel you have a clean slate, and are a bit more empowered, but as others have said, simply moving on is the most important aspect.

You've done beautifully this past year, so focus on that!

IME it's dangerous to believe in any type of "remedy". Better to accept the consequences with grace.
    36//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

HAHAHAhahah on the hairshirt!!! Yuck!

Thanks everyone. I know i'm harder on myself than anyone else, but I also know punishing or trying to quick-fix is not a good habit.

One more question: any tips for helping that "too full" or "ate too much" feeling?? I was trying to drink more water thinking maybe that would help. Not so much. Teas? Stomach deflating concoctions?