Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do after going a bit overboard?? page

little12 is offline Member

What do you do after going a bit overboard??

This past weekend was like birthday extravaganza. Too many celebrations!!!! Whereas I didn't scarf down a pizza or tub of icecream, I do feel like I drifted a bit more than I would prefer. All in all, I'd say I still stayed above the 80/20 mark...but I had been doing much closer to 90/10 for the past month. My point...Saturday night I felt GINormous....that uncomfortable "I ate too much" feeling that sneaks up on you about 30 minutes after you're done. (please no lectures).

Summary of why I feel this way: 2 nights I had one 2x2 square of red velvet cheesecake brownie...totally not primal and totally delicious. 2 nights in a row, I had a small baked potato with butter as part of dinner, 2 nights in a row I had 1 roll out of the danged basket they put in front of you (i'm the only one eating this way, so no i can't tell them to take it away) haha, 1 night I tried a places sweet potato fries...they were oven baked and yummy.

The rest of the weekend, I ate very normal and PB. Clean. The rest of the meals from the mentioned above were also PB...veggies & meats.

Please no lectures on how I should have acted/eaten differently. That's not really what I'm asking about.
    At all. I already know I felt bad, physically and mentally.

My question is, what do you all do after you've overindulged a bit too much? Or maybe just eaten too much?

What are your tricks to get back on track?

What do you do to feel better?

What do you do to feel like you undid the "damage"?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    The general consensus here is to stop beating yourself up and go on with business as you would. Work out a little harder, maybe fast for a day or half a day. Just don't stress out about it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    you do this:

The rest of the weekend, I ate very normal and PB. Clean. The rest of the meals from the mentioned above were also PB...veggies & meats.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    laugh about it. swear you won't do it again for a long time. enjoy your life. continue as normal.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    other option: raw kale for 7 days and wear a hairshirt.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    IME it's dangerous to believe in any type of "remedy". Better to accept the consequences with grace.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

little12 is offline Member
    HAHAHAhahah on the hairshirt!!! Yuck!

Thanks everyone. I know i'm harder on myself than anyone else, but I also know punishing or trying to quick-fix is not a good habit.

One more question: any tips for helping that "too full" or "ate too much" feeling?? I was trying to drink more water thinking maybe that would help. Not so much. Teas? Stomach deflating concoctions?

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little12 View Post
    One more question: any tips for helping that "too full" or "ate too much" feeling?? I was trying to drink more water thinking maybe that would help. Not so much. Teas? Stomach deflating concoctions?
    Time?

You will get better at declining things you don't think are good for you. It took me almost a year to get to the pont where I feel nothing when they drop that bread basket off at the table. I'm not quite there yet with cake, but I stop with much less than I used to. It just doesn't taste as incredible as it used to. I never feel bad though. I'm done with letting food make me feel bad about myself.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    To answer your question: I keep living my life without even thinking about it. It's important to not assign guilt/punishment because you ate foods on the "bad" list. This can lead to some pretty bad emotional connections with food, so it's important to just pick back up where you left off and not worry about it. Easier said than done, but it's an attitude everyone needs to adapt.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

skinnrg is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had the same type of weekend.

I attended a wedding out of town and my meals weren't the best and I had drinks 2 nights in a row. I was feeling gross and regretted it Sunday on the drive home.

I busted it out at the gym today and my meals are planned for the week. You just need to pick up where you left off last week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast