Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do after going a bit overboard?? page 3

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    The general consensus here is to stop beating yourself up and go on with business as you would. Work out a little harder, maybe fast for a day or half a day. Just don't stress out about it.
    That's what I do, fast. But only if I feel like it. Mostly this is skipping dinner.

little12 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniC View Post
    Some "home remedies" for distressing stomach conditions...

1 or 2 tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar (if you can't drink it straight, dilute it with water)
    - This will alleviate the "bubble gut"

1 tbs Fennel Seeds
    - Just pop them in your mouth, crunch them up and swallow. Helps with digestion.

Senna Tea
    - Helps move things along more quickly if you're feeling a little "backed up"

Cheers!
    I'll def try some of these if it happens again!!! Thanks!

And I agree with all your advice. I wasn't very hungry the next morning, so I skipped breakfast. Actually, it was a sunday, so I got up and started some laundry then napped on the couch for another hour or so. haha.

Anyway, those of you that have said it's a tricky mind space are 100% right! A few years ago, I topped my scale at about 50lbs heavier than I am now. My diet wasn't awful (not fast food every day), but it obviously wasn't doing me any favors either!!! I was in a bad mind space also. 30+ pounds of that came off over about 4 months due to extreme stressors in my life. Extreme. When I realized it, I looked at it as a positive and said "ok, i'm going to roll with this and start fresh"...that applied to multiple areas of my life. After a few years of just kind of floating with that, I was maintaining just fine maybe even losing a smidge. However, when I got into a serious relationship, I got "comfortable" and noticing things slipping a little. Don't ya hate that??? Anyway, that (and a friend who is paleo) is what led me to look at changing my habits in a more sustainable way that was based on health and feeling better. Don't get me wrong, I want to drop about 15 pounds from where I am right now and get more toned. Feeling better, for me, is emotional-visual-physical. When I slipped this past weekend (even though it wasn't really much of a slip) I got back into that negative space and felt awful. Even the next day I struggled with feeling that way and knew I had to nip it in the bud before I went into the "screw it all" space. haha

Anyway, long story to get to my point. Food can have some interesting associations attached and it is very hard to get past them sometimes. Even 3 months ago, I would have never thought I'd get so awful feeling from a few potatoes, 2 brownies, and some sweet potato fries. Now that I finally started to lose and feel better about myself, I was beating myself up for ruining it! which is silly. I originally started this post looking for someone to help with the physical "too full" feel. But some of the responses got me thinking of the other aspects also that I need to work on overcoming.

I'd love to hear from some others who have maybe gone through similar!!! And thanks to everyone so far!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123