Thread: Am I eating enough calories? page

paint94979 is offline Senior Member

Am I eating enough calories?

Primal Fuel
    I go to an hour long bootcamp 3-4 days a week. I work construction so I am always moving around for 8-10 hours a day. I'm a 26 year old male in good shape. Macros are roughly 50-60% fat/20-25% protein 20-25% carbs. I weight 160 at 6ft and I wanna put on some more muscle. I typically get in 2400-2700 calories a day.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    I go to an hour long bootcamp 3-4 days a week. I work construction so I am always moving around for 8-10 hours a day. I'm a 26 year old male in good shape. Macros are roughly 50-60% fat/20-25% protein 20-25% carbs. I weight 160 at 6ft and I wanna put on some more muscle. I typically get in 2400-2700 calories a day.
    I have the same problems with my car. I want to go further, so I put more gallons in it, but it ends up breaking down. I fill the tank completely full of gallons. I wonder if I should use gas?

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Based on your activity levels, it doesn't look like it. However, it's going to depend. Is your weight stable? Are you losing weight? Are you gaining weight (if so, you're good)?

Also, 2400-2700 is a pretty wide range. Would you say that you're more consistently on the high end or the low end of this range?

These are all things to take a look at.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

I'm not gaining any weight. Its tough to get on calories sometimes I usually take in 800-900 calories in the morning and probably 1000 at dinner so depending what I have for lunch it may be 600-800 depending on how much avocado I have ha

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    It's just a matter of slowing increasing calories and allowing your body to adapt. It can be tough at times, and I don't recommend force feeding yourself when you're truly not hungry, but if you're trying to build muscle, you're going to have to eat a lot of food.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    Construction? God damn i'd say you should hover close to 3000kcal..

That's what I'm thinking as well... I want to try and incorporate 1lb of sweet potatoes every morning not just as a PWO thing.

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    Construction? i'd say you should hover close to 3000kcal, especially when concerned with increasing weight. More protein needed as well. Maybe a split of protein/carbs/fats 30-40-40? Protein and carbs are insulinogenic, and Insulin is a highly anabolic hormone along with testosterone. It boils down to exercising intensely and a caloric surplus. Dont fear insulin. A highly active fit n healthy individual will not have the dreaded 'spike' that gets thrown around these days.. My two cents anyway.. Im sure others will vehemently argue otherwise..