Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paleo/Primal - Taking a More Holistic Perspective page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    peril, I see from your sig that you've incorporated turmeric into your woe. How do you use it? I put it in my tissanes and cook veggies with it....turmeric and ghee. I love how it makes me feel. It takes all of the stiffness out of my joints.
    Not talking to me but I use it a ton.... mainly in my scrambled eggs.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Not talking to me but I use it a ton.... mainly in my scrambled eggs.
    Ooo. I've never thought of adding it to eggs. I'm loving turmeric so hard right now. I'm going to try it tomorrow in my eggs. Thanks!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Need to try this turmeric stuff...been putting it off too long. My food is boring...

Also, little vase you should post a mug shot. Pretty hair should be associated with a pretty face.

M.

Nah I'm ugly.

My fiance says that about herself, too

M.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    I started eating primal because I wanted to eat healthier. I didn't really need to lose weight. After 6 months, I am more healthy. I feel better all around. The interesting side affect is realizing how many poisons we expose ourselves to every day. Things like shampoo, lotion, make up, soaps, etc., that have nefarious ingredients. I've completely changed over now to natural products, at least in self care and laundry. I make my own toothpaste, deoderant and hairspray. I guess I'm very in touch with my inner hippie now. I think, in general, I'm just more aware of how things affect us as humans, and the treatment of animals as well. I guess you could say I'm crunchy now, and I'm okay with that. I just feel more attuned to life and how things work now.

The only bad thing is that I'm still very much a creature of habit as far as workouts go. I still do certain things on certain days and don't really want to waiver. I think its the one CW thing that I can't seem to let go. I do run less and enjoy it more and take walks more often and lift heavier. With working full time, it just seems to work for me with a regular routine.

I'm not the best writer and hope I've conveyed a little about my views and life and how they've changed in the last six months.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache Gal View Post
    I started eating primal because I wanted to eat healthier. I didn't really need to lose weight. After 6 months, I am more healthy. I feel better all around. The interesting side affect is realizing how many poisons we expose ourselves to every day. Things like shampoo, lotion, make up, soaps, etc., that have nefarious ingredients. I've completely changed over now to natural products, at least in self care and laundry. I make my own toothpaste, deoderant and hairspray. I guess I'm very in touch with my inner hippie now. I think, in general, I'm just more aware of how things affect us as humans, and the treatment of animals as well. I guess you could say I'm crunchy now, and I'm okay with that. I just feel more attuned to life and how things work now.

The only bad thing is that I'm still very much a creature of habit as far as workouts go. I still do certain things on certain days and don't really want to waiver. I think its the one CW thing that I can't seem to let go. I do run less and enjoy it more and take walks more often and lift heavier. With working full time, it just seems to work for me with a regular routine.

I'm not the best writer and hope I've conveyed a little about my views and life and how they've changed in the last six months.
    That was excellent! Well said. I am sure many of the posters feel similar and can relate to your experience, I know I do. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    My fiance says that about herself, too

M.
    Well maybe she's ugly too ;P

Hey, some people are ugly. Ain't no big thing.

You're pretty good-looking though, judging by your avatar. Maybe a little gaunt though. Time to dial up the carbs

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Well maybe she's ugly too ;P

Hey, some people are ugly. Ain't no big thing.

You're pretty good-looking though, judging by your avatar. Maybe a little gaunt though. Time to dial up the carbs
    ;

M.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    One thing that I have found that I think about a lot now that I am paleo (separate from the food) is the social and family structure that we are hard-wired to be in. We evolved in a tribal setting, yet so few of us have a "tribe" now days. Mothers feel isolated in child-rearing, women are encouraged to be competitive with each other rather than supportive, men are limited in how much bond they can show with other men or women, the elderly live alone and isolated.

I am sure humans have always been somewhat petty and political, but I wonder if so much of the unhappiness and loneliness in the US is caused by living in too much isolation.

I recently read that death by suicide is very soon going to outnumber death by car accidents. (This is caused by a combination of decrease in death from accidents couple with an increase in suicides). I am sure some of that is caused by poor nutrition. But how much of it is caused by ignoring the social constructs that we evolved with??
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast