Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160

Thread: Fructose & Body Fat? page 16

  1. #151
    Dickson's Avatar
    Dickson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lombard, IL
    Posts
    109
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I would like to hear more about this, or point me to some research.
    If you are looking for more information on PUFA's, I would direct you to The Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet and his wife. It is the most scientifically convincing diet book I have ever read, bar none. And PHD and Peat are more similar than they are alike, one of the main differences is that PHD recommends carbs from starchy sources rather than easy sources, like Peat's love of orange juice. I think they are really on to something with the PUFA recommendations.

  2. #152
    john_e_turner_ii's Avatar
    john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Posts
    2,085
    I will say this is one of the best threads I have read on here. Regardless of the bickering, there are some real good discussions and insights that have made me think.

    This post seemed timely for this thread: Tent

  3. #153
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,372
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    I will say this is one of the best threads I have read on here. Regardless of the bickering, there are some real good discussions and insights that have made me think.

    This post seemed timely for this thread: Tent
    It would be nice if some research had been revealed on the original topic, though.

  4. #154
    john_e_turner_ii's Avatar
    john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It would be nice if some research had been revealed on the original topic, though.
    No way, then the thread might have ended there. :-)

  5. #155
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    living primitive populations that have been observed to be free of diseases of modern civilization have a total PUFA intake of less than 5% of their total calories. Since I know you primal folk love your anthropology.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  6. #156
    thriveful's Avatar
    thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It would be nice if some research had been revealed on the original topic, though.
    Could you oblige and post some?

  7. #157
    Catrin's Avatar
    Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    431
    The topic certainly morphed from my OP, but that wasn't a bad thing. Interesting discussion from different perspectives is never bad. I agree that it would be great to see some research on my question - but interesting nonetheless!

  8. #158
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    living primitive populations that have been observed to be free of diseases of modern civilization have a total PUFA intake of less than 5% of their total calories. Since I know you primal folk love your anthropology.
    Sweet! Hey can I enlist the Peat crew to pop on over to the Alan Aragon (spelling?) thread with some good PUFA info?

    I know this appears odd but I'm actually arguing against replacing SFA with refined PUFA on that thread while supporting naturally whole sourced PUFA on this one.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-24-2013 at 05:38 PM.

  9. #159
    ChocoTaco369's Avatar
    ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narberth, PA
    Posts
    5,627
    It won't mix well. Alan Aragon probably consumes half a bottle of fish oil a day. No wonder he's going bald. Aragon loves PUFA. I think his perfect meal is fish oil mixed with oats.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

  10. #160
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Sweet! Hey can I enlist the Peat crew to pop on over to the Alan Aragon (spelling?) thread with some good PUFA info?

    I know this appears odd but I'm actually arguing against replacing SFA with refined PUFA on that thread while supporting naturally whole sourced PUFA on this one.
    Hell yeah I'll be in there on Monday when I have my Internet and PC back. It'll be nice to argue on your side plus I always enjoy a good PUFA romp
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •