Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fructose & Body Fat? page 13

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^^^ Everyone knows that mitochondria best hypertrophy with high rep kettleballs in rooms of about 103 degrees. Duh man

But all fun aside, the pseudo-science that fills these last 12 pages makes to where I can actually feel by IQ lowering as I scroll.

Primal Bill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    ^^^ Everyone knows that mitochondria best hypertrophy with high rep kettleballs in rooms of about 103 degrees. Duh man

But all fun aside, the pseudo-science that fills these last 12 pages makes to where I can actually feel by IQ lowering as I scroll.
    THeyCallMELazarus - i haven't seen you in a while.......something's different......no not your hair.....have you been working out your mitochondria???

"Believe it or not: "science" is subjective"

Actually no, it isn't. Whether or not Moby Dick is literary genius is subjective. Good scotch is subjective. Whether or not your mitochondria require high fructose, broken down, to function well can be studied, broken down, and analyzed to the point that reasonable conclusions can be made. When one makes a scientific statement, one is making a statement about a naturally occurring reality that they have hypothesized, studied, and verified repeatedly.

Science is always under debate, but it is most certainly not subjective. As a proverb says "Mathematics is not an opinion."

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Science isn't subjective, but it's wrong a lot, distorted, and cherrypicked and most of these people are gullible enough to believe anything. Any jackass can search for any article on pubmed claiming x is harmful, but they often fail to read the whole article which, is, more than likely in a made up clinical setting with a small sample size of rodents in a short testing phase. Being fed pure crystalline fructose in unreasonable concentrations is a rather absurd for drawing a conclusion that eating fruit is harmful at all.

I can find hundreds of thousands of similar trials showing that consumption of meat is harmful as well, doesn't make it true.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    "Believe it or not: "science" is subjective"

Actually no, it isn't. Whether or not Moby Dick is literary genius is subjective. Good scotch is subjective. Whether or not your mitochondria require high fructose, broken down, to function well can be studied, broken down, and analyzed to the point that reasonable conclusions can be made. When one makes a scientific statement, one is making a statement about a naturally occurring reality that they have hypothesized, studied, and verified repeatedly.

Science is always under debate, but it is most certainly not subjective. As a proverb says "Mathematics is not an opinion."
    I deleted my comment because I didn't want to get into a debate over it. But you replied too fast

I used the inverted commas intentionally. A lot of the time it's not Science, it's agenda-fuelled studies. Or, even when a study is earnest, it can still be incorrect. Remember when the Atom was the smallest particle in existence?

Truth is not subjective, but no one knows the truth.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 08-22-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I would not get into a debate about superseded scientific theories with Lazarus, he still believes in an archaic theory of insulin, and thought that t4 was the active thyroid hormone.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Think about it.

You need to brush up on this subject.

Read and understand something

Google it.

Read this and get back to me:

It's a crash course.
    Thank-you for the condescension.

You need to brush up on this subject.

1.) Protein generates as much or more insulin than carbohydrate in general. Read and understand something called "The Insulin Index" and get back to me. Google it.
    Thank you for that, I was already aware of it.

2.) Human tissue fatty acid composition is similar to pork and poultry - meaning the fats we consume influence our own fatty acid composition. Ruminants do not - they can eat corn and soy and turn out roughly the same as grass. Read this and get back to me:

Fats and Oils: The importance of temperature

It's a crash course.
    Uh, kinda irrelevant? You seem to do this all over the place. You come out with a generalisation that isn't universally true, but you state it as if it is (like skinny women being the epitome of beauty throughout history). Then when people call you on it, you dance away to an adjacent topic and start laying down 'facts'.

So your point is that you want this to be a discussion about how bad polyunsaturated fats are? I'm not arguing with you there. (of course, I recently read a pro-vegan arguement against saturated fats saying that because saturated fats were solid at room temperature then you know, *of course* they clog your arteries simply by their viscious nature).

3.) I recommend reading these two posts as well:

A Bioenergetic View of High-Fat Diets
    A Bioenergetic View of High-Fat Diets Part II, Or: How To Induce Metabolic Stress

It's a good crash course on the similarities between diabetics and those who eat HFLC in terms of hormonal patterns. Let me know what you think.
    The articles make a few assumptions about energy oxidation that I think are not correct. In particular I don't agree that it's always correct to have a goal of an RQ of 1.0 (maximising oxygen consumption). Peter Attia had a decent series on it that included this point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Attia
    •When RQ is 0.70 (i.e., when you breathing out 70% as much carbon dioxide as you are consuming oxygen), you are effectively getting all of your energy from fat.
    •When RQ is 1.00 (i.e., when you are breathing out an equal amount of carbon dioxide to the amount of oxygen you consume), you are effectively getting all of your energy from glycogen.
    But coming back to the original topic, an RQ of 70 is better if you are worried about fat, since that's when your metabolism is burning fat.

Why is the "Peatian wave" incorrect and the "Primal wave" correct?
    Since both are philosophies with a multitude of components, I don't think that you can say that either are wholly correct or incorrect. In fact, (just like with whole food vegans), peatarians, primals and 'perfects' all have a tremendous overlap. I don't think that the 'carbohydrate curve' has any substance. I'm equally sceptical of drinking any form of coca cola as 'part of a a healthy diet'.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 08-22-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

@Yogabare

Yes, I agree completely with what you said. I just have a lot of sensitivity toward an "anything goes" attitude when it comes to our bodies. Something is either the truth or it is not. There is too much "study X must mean this", even though actual studies of that next theory have been done to disprove it.

For the ever embarrassing himself Derp...3 days off block unfortunately. I always forgive.

You don't know at all what I think about insulin, past your interpretation of some deliberately simplified explanations I have given in the past....and AGAIN with the post about T3. My God. You misunderstood what I said and then took it as fact, then defeated a straw man point I never made. Move on.

As for my "archaic" ideas, which aren't so at all....they have helped actual people, hundreds of them, who have come to me to get help from diabetes. Once your loony "guy with a website" ideas do that, I will feel a need to listen.

I can't handle the personal attacks on here. It's so juvenile.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    You say you are small, but how small is that? I ask because according to one calculator my maintenance calories are about 1460 a day and that includes an average of one hour a day exercise. This means to burn fat, even with my activity level, I need to eat less than that!

I think macros can be important but at the end of the day if you're eating more than you're burning you won't burn fat!

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Kinda scary. Fish oil is recommended by ob/gyns for pregnant women to take.
    Yes, it's the mistake that because DHA is concentrated in your brain that you need to take a DHA supplement. Your body in almost all its entirety rejects omega 3 and omega 6. It can't oxidize it well so it mostly stores it as fat. Taking fish oil is a recipe for metabolic syndrome and weight gain.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast