Thread: I have discovered butternut squash page

Bane is offline Senior Member

I have discovered butternut squash

And it is awesome. Seriously, how was I never introduced to this before?

I had 2 hamburger patties, a salad, and half a baked butternut squash for supper. I had it super plain too, just sliced in half and cleaned, laid on a sheet in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Scooped the guts out, dash of salt, and had a small bit with every bite of hamburger. Yummay.

I also tried some fries with the other half of it. Did them in the fryer in olive oil. Different consistency than potato fries, but the flavour was awesome. I had to split these 4 ways though, and it was a small-ish squash, so I got maybe 7 fries. Grr.

Anyway, I'm excited about having a new thing to eat. I'm sure it'll be even better when I'm done this 30 day no dairy kick I'm trying out... I bet it's even better dripping with butter.

Just had to share. Tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at cooking a spaghetti squash and having it with meat sauce. Mmmmm.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Everything is better dripping with butter XD
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

jermicide is offline Member
    butternut squash with butter, salt & pepper ALMOST makes me forget about mashed potatoes

Darrin is offline Senior Member
    Keep an eye out for delicata squash, the king as far as I'm concerned.

Also, try roasting up some butternut squash, pureeing it, and mixing it up with some coconut milk, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper for an awesome soup!
    Lean, Mean, Virile Machine
    The Modern Man's Guide to Health, Fitness, and Wellness

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kabocha is another favorite: high on the carb count, but a great indulgence!
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.