Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thoughts on the supernatural page 4

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yours or mine? I knew yours wasn't. I attempted to rectify that shortcoming. ;-)
    Oh ok, so long as we're on the same page it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    One time early on here, I posted something spiritual that meant a lot to me. Most everyone sneered. I won't make that mistake again.
    That pre-meal ritual thing if I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hello,

Here is what I think: if it exists, it is natural, not "super"-natural. Anything not understood, analyzed, factorized, and digested by our logical minds would look beyond natural (as in "natural laws as understood by humans"). It is a matter of interpretation.
    This, pretty much.

M.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Wiltondeportes,

That's the kind of input I'm talking about man! If I wanted everyone to agree with me I'd find some hippy-dippy forum to lurk around on. I totally respect your take on this, and in general I'd agree with what you have said, thanks for bringing that perspective!

However, I had never had any of these experiences personally until recently, which is why I'm opening the books again.

Has my mind tricked itself into believing what I want it too, or is there something just beneath he surface that I'm not grasping? That's the question here.

You would posit the former (my inclination as well), but I'm trying to keep an open and reasoning mind for the later.

Thanks for throwing in your lot man, I'm glad you made it to this post.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    Wiltondeportes,

That's the kind of input I'm talking about man! If I wanted everyone to agree with me I'd find some hippy-dippy forum to lurk around on. I totally respect your take on this, and in general I'd agree with what you have said, thanks for bringing that perspective!

However, I had never had any of these experiences personally until recently, which is why I'm opening the books again.

Has my mind tricked itself into believing what I want it too, or is there something just beneath he surface that I'm not grasping? That's the question here.

You would posit the former (my inclination as well), but I'm trying to keep an open and reasoning mind for the later.

Thanks for throwing in your lot man, I'm glad you made it to this post.
    Have an open mind, but don't be so open that your brain falls out.

Science doesn't have an agenda; it just looks at the data. Scien*tists* have agendas because, well, they're human. But if you just look at the facts, even scientists with agendas can't hide facts (without being extremely dishonest, a rarity among peer-reviewed science). If spirits or paranormal events were real, there would be some sort of data out there about them. And if no one had found it yet (weak argument), it would be on you and others to provide this data. That's the only way science can work. It's the best way ever created for people to learn about the world.

wiltondeportes Guest

wiltondeportes Guest

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    These are some great looking links, I'll be checking them out for sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234