Thread: So I made bone broth. page

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member

So I made bone broth.

Shop Now
    And it's very acidic, I added a bit of cider vinegar and some tomatoes as I saw recommended somewhere. I'm guessing thats the reason but was wondering if it was normally like that without the addition of those acids?
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i add a splash, +/- tbsp, of apple cider vinegar when i cook a pot of it and it only every tastes mellowish meaty

maybe too much vinegar? maybe the tomatoes were a little overkill? split the pot in half & buy more bones and make 2 pots of broth?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I usually splash some ACV in mine, I would say that the tomatoes probably made it acidic. Bone broth just makes me think of richer chicken stock.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Well, I strained it out today, removed and saved all the tasty solids warm a cup up and drank it. It was pretty good and not as acidic as while it was cooking. I could however taste the vinegar so maybe less next time and cut out the tomatoes all together as they didnt seem to do much but add to the acidity.

I do have some more bones frozen but I think i may try a quick onion soup or au jus kind of reduction. I'm afraid to mess with it much and make a mess of it.

Thanks for the replies.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.