Thread: So I made bone broth. page

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member

So I made bone broth.

Shop Now
    And it's very acidic, I added a bit of cider vinegar and some tomatoes as I saw recommended somewhere. I'm guessing thats the reason but was wondering if it was normally like that without the addition of those acids?
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i add a splash, +/- tbsp, of apple cider vinegar when i cook a pot of it and it only every tastes mellowish meaty

maybe too much vinegar? maybe the tomatoes were a little overkill? split the pot in half & buy more bones and make 2 pots of broth?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I usually splash some ACV in mine, I would say that the tomatoes probably made it acidic. Bone broth just makes me think of richer chicken stock.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Well, I strained it out today, removed and saved all the tasty solids warm a cup up and drank it. It was pretty good and not as acidic as while it was cooking. I could however taste the vinegar so maybe less next time and cut out the tomatoes all together as they didnt seem to do much but add to the acidity.

I do have some more bones frozen but I think i may try a quick onion soup or au jus kind of reduction. I'm afraid to mess with it much and make a mess of it.

Thanks for the replies.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.