Thread: The Dirty Dozen- 47-67 different pesticides used on our most favorite foods. page

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member

The Dirty Dozen- 47-67 different pesticides used on our most favorite foods.

Primal Fuel
    According to CNN if you are eating non-organic celery you could be injesting up to 67 different pesticides that can't be washed off.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/06/01...ex.html?hpt=C1

The Dirty Dozen
    Celery
    Peaches
    Strawberries
    Apples
    Domestic blueberries
    Nectarines
    Sweet bell peppers
    Spinach, kale and collard greens
    Cherries
    Potatoes
    Imported grapes
    Lettuce
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Grol is offline Senior Member

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    wow,i was just thinking about this. My dad was just spraying pesticides in my backyard. Even after i told him how bad it was. Ah, isnt ignorance bliss. There goes my sprints in the backyards....
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Carnivore!!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    I think the animals get the pesticides in their system, so we arent safe even eating meat -___-

The food supply really is all $%#ed up/
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

maba is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the article Grol! So the organic veggies I try to buy are really not chemical/pesticide-free? Just goes to show how all this labeling is one big joke. I've started a garden this year, I hope I can get some veggies. Unfortunately we have such a short growing season that home-grown vegetables round the year is not an option.

@rphlslv: Infact, the animals have pesticides in them because as you go up the food chain, the concentration of these chemicals increases. Which is why it is recommended to go for pastured meat over organic produce if you have can have just one or the other for whatever reason.
    Last edited by maba; 06-04-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    It is frustrating, both conventional and organic products have risk. I was walking in the park eating a couple wild strawberries, and thought....humm wonder if these have been sprayed with anything. I doubt they were given all the surrounding weeds but you never know. I have well water and don't use any chemicals on my lawn, but most of my neighbors do, I am getting my water tested on a regular basis, but you know they are not testing for purity, only acceptable safe levels.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    We've built a small garden and it's taken off big time. We used the compost with some soil we got from our recent yardwork (never used pesticides and the springs we have washes everythign awayand if all goes well I plan on building a pretty cool greenhouse in the backyard. An old professor of my wife's built a year round greenhouse that uses 2 55 gallon barrels that are painted black to keep the moisture and temperature consistent year round. We went to school in the mountains of NC where it can get a bit chilly during the winters but he was able to maintain a 72 degree temperature by utlitizing the 55 gallon drums.

During the summer the water would warms a little and then stays constant even when the winter came and it was below freezing. The amount of water used keeps things on a consistent scale and won't freeze. Yes it cost a bit to build but if it saves on future medical bills then the cost is worth every penny. I try to find the blueprints and post.
    Last edited by AppalachianMatt; 06-04-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

BugMan is offline Member
    Matt, I would be interested in your plans when you find them.

maba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugMan View Post
    Matt, I would be interested in your plans when you find them.
    + 1