Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a new name! page

wiltondeportes Guest

We need a new name!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    -Paleo is wrong. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8
    -So we go to "Primal". This name implies Paleo even though Mark lays down scientific and open-ended principles. It's like selling a healthy drink called Cokie Cola right next to Coca Cola (that we all know is bad).

I eat what I call the Primitive Farmboy Diet. If a primitive farmboy could have it, eat it. Essentially, think of it as Primal including proper grain, legume, and dairy preparation. Essentially, think of it as the WAPF diet, what Weston A Price studied in the tribes he went to. Throw in the cornerstone book "Tending the Wild" by Kat Anderson, who shows ample grain usage in California native tribes, who also shows quite considerable agricultural practices by the natives that we had previously considered "hunter gatherers", and you see that the term "hunter-gatherer" is very dubious. It essentially argues humans have always affected their environment, always been farmers. The term "wilderness" is a myth in a sense.

The Farmboy Diet COULD be considered the *true* Paleolithic diet (sort of), but that's too confusing for the public when currently "Paleo Diet" is so well-defined.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 08-18-2013 at 02:07 PM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If you build it, they will come. If you preach it, they will listen.

People want leadership, *snip* and in the absence of genuine leadership, they’ll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They’re so thirsty for it they’ll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there’s no water, they’ll drink the sand.

(From The American President)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Eat all teh real foods, in the wild or on the farm.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I will start calling my meal plan Savage Fueling
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If you build it, they will come. If you preach it, they will listen.

(From The American President)
    Are you suggesting that I lead them?
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 08-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Not without first reading Listen, Little Man!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Are you suggesting that I lead them?
    Sure, why not? You're intelligent. Put up a website. Do some research. Sell Primitive Farmboy Bars. And most of all, pretty much hint at effortless weight loss.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    RealFoods

WholeFoods
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sure, why not? You're intelligent. Put up a website. Do some research. Sell Primitive Farmboy Bars. And most of all, pretty much hint at effortless weight loss.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday afternoon I went to a WAPF potluck here in Atl. The regional coordinator was there, & I recognized her as I participate in their events & I like them, as I/we share much in common. They're kind, cool folks.

But they had a lot of grain dishes on the table. Even after bringing that up to Debbie, the coordinator, as the only thing I disagreed w/ about WAPF, she insisted it was not a main part of their plan. But 1/2 the dishes on the table were grains & even some pita bread. There were new people there & they were eating everything.

I chowed on the pot roast, veggies & kombucha/fruit kefir drinks. Excepting the grains, I'm totally down w/ WAPF folks & their food philosophies & methodologies. I even visited the Price/Pottenger Institute last year when I was in San Diego.

A Farmboy eats biscuits, corn bread, in my mind, because like pigs, milk & veggies & fruits, they are raised or grown there.

Ancestral diet (whose ancestors?)
    Caveman Diet?
    Paleo is a diet in my opinion, not a well-rounded exercise, sleep, stress-reduction program like we stumbled on here @ MDA.

Primal is a fine name in my humble opinion, for what & how I choose to eat, move & lounge about.
    Last edited by Betorq; 08-18-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast