Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need a new name! page 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The farmers I know eat like absolute crap. And many, if not most of the farmers in my family are obese and have serious health issues.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Neckhammer diet sounds like a diet full of really sour, or spicy food.

Derpamix sounds like a balanced diet.
    Lol..I wondered if you would notice this thread.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Neckhammer diet sounds like a diet full of really sour, or spicy food.

Derpamix sounds like a balanced diet.
    You could have a point. My diet is muy caliente

I have a whole shelf just for my varieties of hot sauce. Also I dedicate a portion of my garden each year for hot peppers. Usually dehydrate and produce my own red pepper flakes from that garden as well.

Oh, and I do my own home ferments for the sour.... so you've obviously got me figured out.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

I have a whole shelf just for my varieties of hot sauce. Also I dedicate a portion of my garden each year for hot peppers. Usually dehydrate and produce my own red pepper flakes from that garden as well.
    My 86 yo mom is a bit puzzled because it appears my brother planted 26 peppers in her garden. He seems to be puzzled as well. Garden surprises. Home grown chili flakes. Awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

Oh, and I do my own home ferments for the sour.... so you've obviously got me figured out.
    Well if you like hot:
    http://hot-chilli-sauce-new-zealand....chili.html?m=1

http://www.firedragonchillies.com
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Yesterday afternoon I went to a WAPF potluck here in Atl. The regional coordinator was there, & I recognized her as I participate in their events & I like them, as I/we share much in common. They're kind, cool folks.

But they had a lot of grain dishes on the table. Even after bringing that up to Debbie, the coordinator, as the only thing I disagreed w/ about WAPF, she insisted it was not a main part of their plan. But 1/2 the dishes on the table were grains & even some pita bread. There were new people there & they were eating everything.

I chowed on the pot roast, veggies & kombucha/fruit kefir drinks. Excepting the grains, I'm totally down w/ WAPF folks & their food philosophies & methodologies. I even visited the Price/Pottenger Institute last year when I was in San Diego.

A Farmboy eats biscuits, corn bread, in my mind, because like pigs, milk & veggies & fruits, they are raised or grown there.

Ancestral diet (whose ancestors?)
    Caveman Diet?
    Paleo is a diet in my opinion, not a well-rounded exercise, sleep, stress-reduction program like we stumbled on here @ MDA.

Primal is a fine name in my humble opinion, for what & how I choose to eat, move & lounge about.
    The paleolithic people did not eat blueberries, carrots, apples, tomatoes, broccoli, and chicken among others because these are recently (comparatively) hybridized foods. Granted, I do believe there could have been equivalently sweet and tasty fruits around at that time. The point is that even your so called 'Paleo' diet has almost nothing truly paleolithic about it. So let's make do with what we have available through our form of agriculture (unless you prefer starting a 100+ person tribe and owning 100,000 acres for your use).

So what do we have? Hooved mammals, small mammals with feet (like rabbit), fish, bi-valves (oysters), arthropodae malacostracan class (lobsters, crabs, shrimp), arthropodae insect class (beetles, grasshoppers, cockroaches, larvae), amphibians (frogs), birds, dairy, eggs, fruits, cruciferous vegetables, leafy greens, roots, tubers, bulbs, corms, rhizomes, grains, pseudo grains, legumes, seeds, nuts, nectars (honey and syrup).

So how varied is your diet now that you see your choices?

Primitive farmboys aren't eating the biscuits and cornbread you're thinking of. You're imagining excessive consumtion of dwarf wheat, added sugar, maybe even vegetable oil in the ingredients. Traditionally, we're talking about sprouting and fermenting the grains. We're talking about less modern grains and legumes because the most recent ones (GMO wheat, dwarf wheat, GMO corn, GMO soy) cause the biggest problems.

wiltondeportes Guest
    So it's the best diet shake ever? I can get behind that
    You'll get behind anything...

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    The farmers I know eat like absolute crap. And many, if not most of the farmers in my family are obese and have serious health issues.
    Modern farmers, sure. Same as everyone else in the civilized world.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    The paleolithic people did not eat blueberries...
    There are plenty of wild blueberries around here, maybe not where you live. They were a major crop for native Americans in this region. A person with access to the right property and free time could easily pick gallons in season. Many do.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    LOL, this is a fun exercise. I guess I'd call mine the "I found it growing in the ground, or it ate things that grew in the ground, nobody added poison to it, OR it has a history of being consumed by healthy populations OR some science seemed to show benefits to consuming this, even if it is slightly processed AND it didn't give me diarrhea or almost make me go blind or constipate me" diet. But that's just not very catchy.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    There are plenty of wild blueberries around here, maybe not where you live. They were a major crop for native Americans in this region. A person with access to the right property and free time could easily pick gallons in season. Many do.
    My mom only has 8 blueberry bushes, and she gets at least 3 gallons out of them. Blueberries are an awesome crop. I can't wait until next year when I'll get to start harvesting from my 7 bushes!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast