Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: considering stealing my dogs food... page

laurathegoth is offline Member

considering stealing my dogs food...

I raw feed my dog, and although 75% of her food is not fit for human consumption (straight from abbatoir, green tripe etc), I pick up offal in supermarkets for her. Today she has a rather large and juicy looking ox kidney...

Only here would anyone understand why I seriously considered having it for myself rather than giving it to her!
    Luckily I had a chicken roasting which smelled rather yummy

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I totally understand:

U.S. Wellness Meats Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too. - Pet Burger; it's not just for canines anymore.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I so get this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i found some alpaca and some wallaby in the pet food shop the other day lol dd was with me so i had to behave but i was tempted. they also do venison hearts and neck bones from the human grade works which are a good standby for when i am out of hunted bones. plus you only get one heart per animal so there is always a fight for that. someone is onto the venison livers and they all go to venison liver jerky for pets i think as i have never found any fresh venison liver for sale anywhere. the liver jerky is meh i reckon but the dog loves it. k9 do some cool dehydrated lamb heart and kidney treats which we always share. other than that, he gets the offal ( livers, kidneys, heart and tripe ) and the fatty mutton bones from the people section of the supermarket and raw chicken wings,legs or necks or frames. the chicken doesnt tempt me but we share the other food. he gets all the silver skin and offcuts from any deer we hunt too. he also co-incidentally happens to be the shiniest healthiest looking dog ever and i am not at all biased

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Most of the supermarket meat we buy comes from the 'pet food' section: liver, kidney, heart, lard, mutton flaps, beef bones, Pugs head.....

Plus we've just inherited a cat so now we buy actual pet meat too. (He was on the dried stuff when we got him, but he's taken to actual meat quite nicely)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Most of the supermarket meat we buy comes from the 'pet food' section: liver, kidney, heart, lard, mutton flaps, beef bones, Pugs head.....
    the dog doesnt get on with pork at all. he wont eat raw pork and cooked pork makes him vomit or worse.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

Plus we've just inherited a cat so now we buy actual pet meat too. (He was on the dried stuff when we got him, but he's taken to actual meat quite nicely)
    Cannibalism!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Cannibalism!
    What?

Dogs are scavengers. Cats are hunters. Big difference.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I was a kid my mom would give our dogs the egg yolks...would totally steal that now!
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast