Thread: Need help! page

Uselis is offline Senior Member

Need help!

Hello everyone,

I really need advices from you. At the moment I feel confused and depressed because what was working completely went away and now I am in my old habits.

I followed PB for around 2 months quite strictly. Somewhy I thought I had to keep my carbs under 100g and that is the trick. I felt amazing (most of the time, obviously had some bad days) and sometimes I was even doing intense labouring on 60 - 150g carbs. Wasn't problem for me.

At some point I decided to try carb refeed. Again don't know for sure why but I seemed cool idea at that time and I convinced myself that because of intense labouring I was doing I need some starch in my system although in reality I was doing fine with ocasional fruit binges.

After refeed slowly I went back to my old eating habits. At first I started to eat more potatoes, then my binges on fruits became kind of regular event and last week I found myself stuffing with bread, rice and similar food.

Now is it really carbs or it is most likely my weak character that caused that? I read some clever posts here and it seems that as long as carbs good it is not a problem but why it backfired for me in example above?

Most important what to do now? Start keeping carbs under 100g again? It affected my mood, energy levels and daily living quality so desperate to find answer.

For what is worth I am not overweight, before my carb fest (which is already about 2 weeks) thats how I looked

imgur: the simple image sharer

I also not looking for being ripped or similar things. I just want that good feeling and living life joy back and stop my binging and feeling like piece of sh...

Thanks for everyone who will help

Buster11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselis View Post
    Hello everyone,

I really need advices from you. At the moment I feel confused and depressed because what was working completely went away and now I am in my old habits.

I followed PB for around 2 months quite strictly. Somewhy I thought I had to keep my carbs under 100g and that is the trick. I felt amazing (most of the time, obviously had some bad days) and sometimes I was even doing intense labouring on 60 - 150g carbs. Wasn't problem for me.

At some point I decided to try carb refeed. Again don't know for sure why but I seemed cool idea at that time and I convinced myself that because of intense labouring I was doing I need some starch in my system although in reality I was doing fine with ocasional fruit binges.

After refeed slowly I went back to my old eating habits. At first I started to eat more potatoes, then my binges on fruits became kind of regular event and last week I found myself stuffing with bread, rice and similar food.

Now is it really carbs or it is most likely my weak character that caused that? I read some clever posts here and it seems that as long as carbs good it is not a problem but why it backfired for me in example above?

Most important what to do now? Start keeping carbs under 100g again? It affected my mood, energy levels and daily living quality so desperate to find answer.

For what is worth I am not overweight, before my carb fest (which is already about 2 weeks) thats how I looked

imgur: the simple image sharer

I also not looking for being ripped or similar things. I just want that good feeling and living life joy back and stop my binging and feeling like piece of sh...

Thanks for everyone who will help
    Tell me about it. When I first started eating paleo I was fine and in a euphoric mood sort of spiritual in a weird way.. Then it happened to me, I bought some lemon sweets thinking why not and when they arrived didn't really want them, ate them anyway and guess what returned? Yes bad eating habits. Because your eating bread rice Etc like me lately it is probably hidden sugar, and believe it or not it is probably a sugar addiction. I am getting ready to prepare myself to go cold turkey and I'm about to buy a book on the damages of sugar and pre packages foods. I suggest you do the same and good luck don't worry your not the only one. I can't wait to be in that primal state of mind again

otzi Guest
    You really just have to convince yourself that 'crap in a box' is not human food. Would you feed your dog mainly cabbages? Would you feed your cat mainly carrots? No! Why do humans expect they can thrive eating garbage?

Also, potatoes, rice, beans, squash, nuts, lentils, dairy, etc... are real food--foods humans can thrive on. Don't vilify them because the are 'carby'.

This statement shows totally wrong thinking:

then my binges on fruits became kind of regular event and last week I found myself stuffing with bread, rice and similar food.
    Bread is bad, rice is good, fruit is good, 'other foods' especially of the Twinkie variety are bad.

Binging on fruit and rice is probably your body telling you you need more of these good foods, but you get the signals messed up and head for the junk-food aisle.

I can guarantee if a starving caveman came across a pallet of Krispy Kremes, he would eat every one--puke--and eat some more. He wouldn't leave until they were gone. Our brains easily confuse 'easy, sweet and tasty' with 'good, whole, nutrition'.

I would suggest surrounding yourself with good food, getting rid of all the crap food, and let it sort itself out...and, uh, get a new shower curtain. That one is keeping you in 24/7 circus mode.
    Last edited by otzi; 08-18-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Myrtille is offline Member
    I experienced the same. And I don't think it is due to weak character, but to bad guts.
    It was hard for me at first to eat BP. I was feeling too weak with very low carb and it brought me frustration, but when I ate carbs more than usual, I was back again to my sugar addiction.
    What I do now is eating low carb paleo, enjoying a dessert or a treat only when I am with friends on special occasions.
    To avoid sugar addiction, I take probiotics avery day, and I double the dose when I ate carbs to diminish bad intestinal flora, which proliferate whith carbs.
    Till now it works for me. Fingers crossed !

Buster11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrtille View Post
    I experienced the same. And I don't think it is due to weak character, but to bad guts.
    It was hard for me at first to eat BP. I was feeling too weak with very low carb and it brought me frustration, but when I ate carbs more than usual, I was back again to my sugar addiction.
    What I do now is eating low carb paleo, enjoying a dessert or a treat only when I am with friends on special occasions.
    To avoid sugar addiction, I take probiotics avery day, and I double the dose when I ate carbs to diminish bad intestinal flora, which proliferate whith carbs.
    Till now it works for me. Fingers crossed !
    I'm interested how probiotics help with sugar addiction? Please explain

Myrtille is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I will try to explain :
    There are different reasons for sugar cravings. One of them, and not the least, is bad intestinal flora. That bad flora nourrishes itself with carbs, and induce carb cravings. So probiotics help to maintain balanced flora and sugar cravings diminish.
    Hope it's clear, did my best with english !