Thread: Primal eating & lupus. How to convince friends? page

blondiegreen is online now Senior Member

Primal eating & lupus. How to convince friends?

Shop Now
    I've been reading the Primal Blueprint and the parts about lupus jumped out at me.

Two of my friends have lupus, one is 34, female, heavily medicated, and the other is 21, female, just diagnosed, not sure of meds yet. The younger is actually the niece of the older.

If they ate 100% primal, would the symptoms of lupus be minimized or would it actually be cured?

I think they both eat fairly CW healthy, but how do I mention PB to them without them getting offended? Are there better books/resources that show primal eating is beneficial for lupus? I am just starting on my PB journey, plus I don't have lupus, so it's not like I can say it works for me.

I hate to see my friends suffer and get worse by the month, when a change in eating may help a bit.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

goirish is offline Junior Member
    I would not frame PB to them as a possible therapy/cure for lupus. The last thing anyone with a chronic disease wants to hear is someone else's idea of what they should be doing to feel better. You might have some luck if you bring up your lifestyle in a normal conversation and discuss the benefits you and others have experienced. Lend them the book! You might pique their interest and encourage them to try out PB. But whatever you do, do not phrase it in some way like "You should do this, it might solve your health problems" because it really might not and that approach may not be the most tactful way to approach them.