Thread: Need a BIG tire page

CraigM83 is offline Junior Member

Need a BIG tire

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know where I can find/buy a large tire for a sledgehammer workout? I am located in San Diego for those that might have any local information. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Craig

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I found mine in some woods that are in between a golf course and the road. It had been laying there for probably a year and one day when I was on a walk, I decided that I wanted it. So I rolled it all the way back to my house (about 0.5 mile) I'm sure the cars that drove by had no idea what to think, haha. Also, I was shirtless to add to the "crazy dude" factor, haha.

Maybe check the dump. If the attendant is in a good mood, he might let you salvage a tire. You could also check a farm supply store, although it'd be a shame to have to pay for a tire you're just going to beat the crap out of. Or freecycle.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    How big do you want? Most places that work on semi trucks have a big dumpster full of tires that can't be recapped. They have to pay to get them taken away so I bet they would gladly let you have some. If you want bigger you may have to check out the farms and construction companies around your area. Just so you know a new one will set you back a few hundred $.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    I'd be interested in seeing how this turns out. I'm in Riverside, CA and I've been looking for one as well. So far I've just been keeping an eye on the free section of craigs list, but I've learned that there are a LOT more free hot tubs than there are tires.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    There's a place here in Vegas called Purcell Tires (maybe they're in SD too?). They're always more than willing to give you any used tire you want, for free. And I mean any tire, even the World's Strongest Man sized tires (some probably near 1000 pounds).
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.