Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diet too strict? page

David is offline Senior Member

Cool Diet too strict?

Primal Fuel
    Just wondering if a person follows the PB diet too often if this may lead to a fat loss plateau?
    I've been using this diet and Paleo, too. My BF is between 10 to 12%. Trying to lose the last of the belly fat and love handles for over a year...no luck. I crossfit 2-3x a week, walk and do a little running with sprints during the week, too.

Any suggestions how to lose the last of the BF?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    There's still something causing a little leptin resistance. Known causes are inflammation (are you keeping omega 6 low and omega 3 adequate?), fat storage from a high carb meal/insulin resistance (probably not it), cortisol (are you stressed?). Are you ge?tting all of the necessary micronutrients and do you have good vitamin d levels

Also, how much are you eating? Eating too little can lower metabolic rate, eating too much will probably be a detriment if your leptin signaling isn't 100%
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    There's still something causing a little leptin resistance. Known causes are inflammation (are you keeping omega 6 low and omega 3 adequate?), fat storage from a high carb meal/insulin resistance (probably not it), cortisol (are you stressed?). Are you ge?tting all of the necessary micronutrients and do you have good vitamin d levels

Also, how much are you eating? Eating too little can lower metabolic rate, eating too much will probably be a detriment if your leptin signaling isn't 100%
    +1 and how is your sleep?

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    hehe, im on the same path. So far, ive been losing. have you tried the mighty IF?
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap you sound exactly like me.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

yeah, me and rphlslv are also on the steepest part of the mountain to sub 10% BF.

Let's do this!
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

Thanks for the replies. I am eating about 1600 to maybe 2000 calories a day. Weight is 154 lbs. and am 6' tall, medium build. Am 56 years young too. Don't know if age is a factor but Mark Sisson is the same age and look at the buff dude! Sleep may be a factor (about 5.5 to 7 hours every night). Have increased the good fats and protein amount but that has not changed body composition. Eat fish 3x a week and eggs daily.

Also, tried IF...no change.

damn, this really is the hardest part of the road...

PrimalCon New York
    Are you cutting the dairy, nuts , fruits, etc? How primal is your diet exactly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast