Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warrior Diet (i.e., eating only 1x/day) is the only way I can lose weight anymore page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

The Warrior Diet (i.e., eating only 1x/day) is the only way I can lose weight anymore

Primal Fuel
    At first, I lost weight simply by cutting out grains and most sugars, but after awhile my weight loss stalled. Then I completely eliminated fruits and vege's, but again, after awhile my weight loss stalled. Then I significantly reduced the numbers of cals I was consuming, but again, after awhile my weight loss stalled. Then, I reduced the amount of dairy in my diet, began doing more cardio, and started fasting for 24 hours everyday (eating only 1 meal). Well, that's worked, but only 2 weeks into it I started feeling worn out, beat up, what have you. I started eating 2 meals/day again and I gained 6 pounds over the next 3 days. This is unacceptable.

I'll go back down to 1 large meal/day until I drop below 300 pounds (18 pounds to go), it'll be a struggle but I'm OK with that, but I can't maintain that level of commitment on my journey down to 250 pounds, I'll just wear myself out completely.

What other adjustments can I possibly make?
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Damn man that totally blows. I am in the same boat as you. I am now doing carnivore, low calorie, one meal a day. Not weighing myself but just looking at the mirror everyday... let's just hope THIS works, otherwise nothing will.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

I know you have a time goal. I feel like the basic plan will get you where you want to be, just maybe not as fast as you want.

I am only 4 months in though---well, I guess only 2 months less than you. Hmmm...I wish I had some better advice, but with weight loss, I guess you can't rush it. You shouldn't be feeling like it's a daily struggle.

Am i remembering correctly that you have money riding on the fact that you need to be down to a certain number by a certain time?

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    have you been to the doctor for tests and blood work?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I would consider a thyroid problem and also that you aren't getting enough potassium for effecient cellular function. You need lots of potassium. Even if you aren't interested in the amounts of produce in my potassium post (see sig line). We need potassium - a lot of it. And magnesium - the right amounts. And zinc. Without them, systems won't continue to work optimally.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I sure hope my story goes a little differently. I lost 27 pounds from 368 to 341 in my first month (last month). I expect to do that again in June and with some controversial fasting again in July when I expect to be under 300. In the past 290 is where the real battle starts.

I just typed and deleted a bunch of rubbish veiled as advice and opinion. You're doing pretty awesome, imo, and I have a ton of respect for a power lifter losing strength (you mentioned 10% drops somewhere) in order to achieve a healthier weight. You carry way more muscle than most of us and might just be very healthy at a beefy weight. That could be more rubbish and you may be determined to get to 250 regardless, but be healthy and be strong first.

What kind of calories are you consuming daily? I get the bulk of many meals from cabbage, collards, spinach -- as Mark advises -- and I feel stuffed at a pretty low calorie level. Maybe something like that would get you rolling again. Regardless, good luck Jokaman.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    The human body can be strange and react in ways that are not explicable. If what you're trying is not working, then probably trying something else. If you have restricted carbs, veggies, and fruits, I am assuming you are down to meats and fats. Try shaking things up, like going back to 3 meals a day, this time with modest amounts of protein and a lot of green non-starchy veggies. Your body may be missing some key nutrients and thus gone into conservation mode.

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Prince View Post
    Am i remembering correctly that you have money riding on the fact that you need to be down to a certain number by a certain time?
    299.9 pounds by July 2nd. I was down to 315.2, and ahead of schedule on Friday, but I'm back up to 318.8 this morning, after eating normally (2 meals/day, dark chocolate snack) for 3 days.

I'll make it down to 299.9 regardless, I can sweat out 10 pounds if necessary, no problem.

I really hope that once I make it down into the 200's, I can ease up a bit, enjoy some fruit and vege's, eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full, etc., and still drop my weight slowly down to 250 pounds.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    I sure hope my story goes a little differently. I lost 27 pounds from 368 to 341 in my first month (last month). I expect to do that again in June and with some controversial fasting again in July when I expect to be under 300. In the past 290 is where the real battle starts.

I just typed and deleted a bunch of rubbish veiled as advice and opinion. You're doing pretty awesome, imo, and I have a ton of respect for a power lifter losing strength (you mentioned 10% drops somewhere) in order to achieve a healthier weight. You carry way more muscle than most of us and might just be very healthy at a beefy weight. That could be more rubbish and you may be determined to get to 250 regardless, but be healthy and be strong first.

What kind of calories are you consuming daily? I get the bulk of many meals from cabbage, collards, spinach -- as Mark advises -- and I feel stuffed at a pretty low calorie level. Maybe something like that would get you rolling again. Regardless, good luck Jokaman.
    I appreciate it.

I'm not unhappy with my progress so far, but I'll sure be happy to be out of the 300's and put this whole weight loss thing into cruise control for awhile. I'm hoping that in time, with having eliminated most grains and sugar from my diet, that I'll just slowly drop down to 250 pounds (which is a comfortable weight for me)

Yeah, losing strength's a BITCH! I've struggled getting below 320 pounds before, so my sticking point is about 30 pounds higher than yours. I am relatively fit for my weight, and I value brute strength more than the ability to run a marathon, but @ 6' tall the 300's are too high for me. I think 250's a happy medium for me and I'm hoping that once I reach that weight I'll be able to build again, and AT LEAST, be stronger pound-for-pound than I was @ 300+ pounds. We'll see...

I'm eating only bacon, eggs, sausage, beef, pork, chicken, beef tallow, coconut oil, lard, butter, cheese, and some olive oil. I'll break that up with some greek-style yogurt or heavy cream or DARK chocolate every once in awhile, but in STRICT moderation.

Let's just drop below 300 and then I'll start eating vege's and fruit again -- I'm really looking forward to that day. That makes me laugh, actually, knowing that I'll drop to 299.9, and then the next day I'll inevitably bounce back up to like...305! Fucking weight fluctuations!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I bet that eating once a day will do two things. One, it will force your body to burn fat for part of every day at least and two it will make it much easier for you to figure out what your body really needs. I eat once or twice a day and I'm really happy with what that's doing for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast