Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not getting enough calories, not hungry page

swaz is offline Junior Member

Not getting enough calories, not hungry

Shop Now
    So I am about maybe 2 and a bit weeks into true primal blueprint. The other 2 weeks don't count as my carbs would have been WAY too high. I've been keeping a detailed log of what I eat using Myfitnesspal. More out of curiosity. I haven't caught myself not eating something because of the calorie count! Carbs, yes.

I am 31, male. 187lbs and LHT 3-5 days a week. I average about 1800-1900 calories a day, with half of those coming from fat. Carbs about 24%.

I don't find I am as starving hungry as I used to be now I eat a lot of fat. Am not seeing the fat loss gains I thought I would though. Not walking or sprinting yet though due to a cold.

Any advice?

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    What is your height?

What is your calculated maintenance calories?

1900 is seems very low and you're only eating about 110g of protein - closer to your body weight number (187g) is more like it.

5"11 and my maintenance calories depends on what website I use to calculate it. Average would be about 2100-2200. At the moment I am eating at a deficit. I have the app set up to work towards my goal weight. Am thinking it is not the best idea though. I would like to eat more protein, but if I can fit it in I find i get way too constipated.

Annieh is offline Senior Member

Breakfast- two eggs, two short cut bacon rashers
    Recess (i am a teacher)- coconut flour muffin, mandarin, apple, banana. Sometimes some nuts.
    Lunch- large 4 leaf salad with some left over protein or ham or thin turkey.
    Dinner- Often protein (cutlets, leg of lamb, chicken) and broccoli and beans.

Throw in an apple, some more nuts and maybe a protein shake and that is a typical day of about 1800 cal.

Well I'd feel half starved on that and I am female, 5'4", approx 59 kg - thats maybe 130lb.

I suggest eat more. Why are you keeping carbs so low?

To lose weight following the primal blueprint...
    Unless I eat stuff I don't need to eat. Corn chips, grains etc. I just don't feel like eating much else. I could have easily cut out the 600 or so calories I had for dinner tonight and not felt hungry. As soon as I eat grains, my hunger for anything and everything kicks in.
    Last edited by swaz; 08-17-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    When you're starting out you shouldn't think about this because your body finally has the opportunity to feed itself properly and it can do unexplained things, but you should just let it be.
    Billie trips balls

Oh, how much weight do you want to lose?

Your plan looks kinda like what I ate when I was losing, but I would think being a male and taller and lifting etc you would still need to be eating a lot more. The items do look in accord with primal which is good.

Is the lifting new to you? If so, you may find that you are gaining muscle so not seeing a loss on the scale. This would in fact be a positive thing.

How to you feel health and energy wise?

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swaz View Post
    Breakfast- two eggs, two short cut bacon rashers
    Recess (i am a teacher)- coconut flour muffin, mandarin, apple, banana. Sometimes some nuts.
    Lunch- large 4 leaf salad with some left over protein or ham or thin turkey.
    Dinner- Often protein (cutlets, leg of lamb, chicken) and broccoli and beans.

Throw in an apple, some more nuts and maybe a protein shake and that is a typical day of about 1800 cal.
    5'11" so you only need to lose 10 lb or so.

This muffin doesn't sound like a good idea - but that's just me. I'd rather throw in a couple more eggs in at breakfast.

Green beens?

Maybe eat deficit on rest days

So not losing fat, or not losing weight ( are clothes fitting better )?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast