Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not getting enough calories, not hungry page 3

John Watson is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Just listen to your body. Eat when you are hungry and eat the right foods. I have no set "breakfast, lunch, or dinner time". When I get hungry, I eat. Same goes for exercising. Do what you feel like doing! I believe that the most important thing to have is quality sleep. If you're not getting that, then you probably have elevated levels of cortisol....which means no fat loss...good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swaz View Post
    I don't get it... Primal blueprint carb curve says <100grams carbs per day and that grains produce an insulin spike. Have I read it wrong? I used to eat porridge for b'fast. Now I have bacon and eggs or an omelet and I could go all the way through to lunch without eating if I wanted. Am conditioned to eat a snack at 10:09am every day haha.
    Do I count carbs from fruit?
    Yes, you would count the carbs from fruit. Your breakfast is fine, and is working for you.

The curve goes up to 150g, and you can still meet that number without eating grains. To clarify, grains are a carbohydrate, but one we are avoiding here, obviously. There are other foods that both contain or are primarily carbohydrates, but are NOT made of wheat or wheat products, and can be eaten while following this plan.

To reiterate,
    "Primal-safe" carbs: Veggies, fruits, starches (sweet potatoes, squash, potatoes, rice if tolerated), also chocolate, dairy.

Recomp is short for recomposition, which is basically staying at the same weight but you could be losing fat and gaining muscle. Weight stays the same, but your body composition is different.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I don't get it... Primal blueprint carb curve says <100grams carbs per day and that grains produce an insulin spike. Have I read it wrong? I used to eat porridge for b'fast. Now I have bacon and eggs or an omelet and I could go all the way through to lunch without eating if I wanted. Am conditioned to eat a snack at 10:09am every day haha.
    Do I count carbs from fruit? Am breaking my LHT into muscle groups. I will be back to walking, jogging and sprinting next week along with LHT.
    What is recomping?
    I ate over 2000cal yesterday, most at night and slept so much better and feel better waking up.
    You have read it correctly. We suddenly have a lot of members here who either have not read the book or who have forgotten it, some also say they do not believe in the carb curve. Many also tried severe carb restriction immediately and did not feel well and decided they needed a lot more carbs, particularly starches.

Keep doing what you are doing. It takes time, perhaps as long as a few months, for your body to adjust. You will hopefully notice these adjustments. In that time you can begin to take seriously the messages, signals your body sends you. It wants more or less of this or that.

When you have adjusted well, then it would be safe to lower carbs or calories further or to make macro adjustments when necessary.

It is far more important to be in good health than to loose weight. Good health first; then worry about weight.

Also, measure yourself as soon as possible. Do so every two weeks. You may well find that even if you're not yet loosing weight but have decreasing measurements (recomposition).

Your macronutrient percentages are more important than your calories. There are many such trackers on the internet. I use paleotrack.com because it's free and easy. Try it for a week or two until you're sure you know what you are eating. Staying between 75 - 100g carbs is good for the beginning weight loss.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 08-18-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I think I am down maybe 3-4kg. Nothing significant. Gym is totally new to me and have gained a bit of size. Again, nothing significant. Feeling pretty good. Two young kids who don't sleep all that well so I am pretty tired by the end of the day after getting woken up once or twice during the night and then again at 4am ish.
    I would love to get under 80kg but if I can maintain 80kg I would be happy. Just lose the excess around my stomach, keep the energy up and enjoy life. Just have ablood test and everything came back ok.
    I think that's a good loss to date and so is getting started at the gym and starting to build muscle. Definitely significant if you are only a few weeks in. And the feel good factor and positive blood tests are all good news too, combined with a bit more sleep I really do think you are heading in the right direction. Good work and don't let us all confuse you

swaz is offline Junior Member
    oppss! so I tried not being too anal about logging calories and being too fussy about what I ate and manages to consume 3800 calories today haha. Amazing how to creeps up! Only 191g of carbs though.

Felt it though! Came home from work and trolled the pantry for carbs. Was tempted to gorge myself on junk. Went outside for a few hours with the kids and that distracted me until dinner.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I can't listen to my body about calories. I do infrequent huge meals, often once a day, so when I get hungry (usually when I wake up for work) I eat well beyond satiety...this works for me. YMMV.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123