Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not getting enough calories, not hungry page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, I was thinking more for breakfast. Plan doesn't seem overly high fat, must not have been eating much at all before.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swaz View Post
    To lose weight following the primal blueprint...
    Unless I eat stuff I don't need to eat. Corn chips, grains etc. I just don't feel like eating much else. I could have easily cut out the 600 or so calories I had for dinner tonight and not felt hungry. As soon as I eat grains, my hunger for anything and everything kicks in.
    The beauty of following this plan

peril is offline Senior Member
    LHT 3-5 times per week is putting you under stress, interfering with weightloss. 2-3 times per week would be better. Eat more protein, and eat three square meals per day. Don't count carbs too much. At your current levels of activity, you need to replace glycogen
    Last edited by peril; 08-17-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

swaz is offline Junior Member
    I think I am down maybe 3-4kg. Nothing significant. Gym is totally new to me and have gained a bit of size. Again, nothing significant. Feeling pretty good. Two young kids who don't sleep all that well so I am pretty tired by the end of the day after getting woken up once or twice during the night and then again at 4am ish.
    I would love to get under 80kg but if I can maintain 80kg I would be happy. Just lose the excess around my stomach, keep the energy up and enjoy life. Just have ablood test and everything came back ok.

Muffin is packed with nut protein and coconut oil. But you might be right. Green beans yes.

Will try the more eggs thing. I just have this feeling I should be eating more...but not sure!

imp
    imp is offline Senior Member
    Hmm insufficient sleep could make you gain weight due to increased insulin

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Things to consider:

1. Keep carbs out until the evening meal
    2. LHT 5 times a week is ok if you are breaking things up into some sort of split routine so u are not shattered after every session. Squatting and dead lifting every day might not be great unless you are running a minimalist program like PTTP by Pavel.
    3. You are likely recomping a bit
    3. Play with skipping breakfast, bigger lunch, and huge evening meal, but find the best mal timing plans for you.
    4. Try upping cals by 100 a day for two weeks, monitor we right and body comp.
    5.Dont make rash changes, just tweak one thing if needed and monitor.

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Also keep protein at 160g ish, 3-4kg in 2-3 weeks is fine, great in fact, don't panic

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swaz View Post
    To lose weight following the primal blueprint...
    Unless I eat stuff I don't need to eat. Corn chips, grains etc. I just don't feel like eating much else. I could have easily cut out the 600 or so calories I had for dinner tonight and not felt hungry. As soon as I eat grains, my hunger for anything and everything kicks in.
    Just a note: Carbs are not just grains -- you can still follow the primal blueprint and add carbs that fall within this plan.

Primal-safe carbs: Veggies, fruits, starches (sweet potatoes, squash, potatoes, rice if tolerated)

I don't get it... Primal blueprint carb curve says <100grams carbs per day and that grains produce an insulin spike. Have I read it wrong? I used to eat porridge for b'fast. Now I have bacon and eggs or an omelet and I could go all the way through to lunch without eating if I wanted. Am conditioned to eat a snack at 10:09am every day haha.
    Do I count carbs from fruit? Am breaking my LHT into muscle groups. I will be back to walking, jogging and sprinting next week along with LHT.
    What is recomping?
    I ate over 2000cal yesterday, most at night and slept so much better and feel better waking up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast