Thread: Help with macros and carbs. I'm always hungry page

berra is offline Junior Member

Help with macros and carbs. I'm always hungry

Primal Fuel
    Can someone PLEASE shed some light on this for me:

I'm a 25 year old female ay 58-60 kilos. Height: 171cm. I play basketball once a week and train 4-5 days for about 45mins/workout including weight and cardio training.

I IF anywhere between 17-20 hours each day and typically have 2 meals at about 500calories/meal and would have a small snack in between. I stick to a 1200cal diet.

More importantly, i keep traxk of ny carb and sugar intake, so NET carbs always sit between 20-40g (i never let TOTAL MASS carbs exceed 50g).

The problem is: i am constantly hungry and scavenging for food and always thinking of it. I know you're all going to suggest that I increase carb intake, but honestly speaking, I find that my body doesn't like carbs and I put on weight instantly.

What can I do to keep energy levels up and to keep myself full?

I don't eat bread or refined carbs. All carbs cone from greens. And my protein intake is approx 100g/day.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    1200 Cal a day and very active explains why you're hungry

50g of carbs is 200 Cal
    100g of protein is 400 Cal

That leaves 600 Cal of fat ( less than 70g of fat).

How about more protein and fat that naturally comes with it?
    150 gram protein ( 600 cal)
    100 gram fat (900 Cal)
    50 gram carbs (200 Cal )

1700 Cal total ( if you want to try less then try for 1500 cal - but it sounds too low and 60kg is not overweight - is it?)

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    No mystery here, 1200 kcal is for bedridden patients.

Ketogenic diet and cardio are very difficult to combine--it's possible but usually more stress than it's worth. Since carbs are off the table, the only way you're going to reduce your appetite is to reduce exercise.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    No mystery here, 1200 kcal is for bedridden patients.

Ketogenic diet and cardio are very difficult to combine--it's possible but usually more stress than it's worth. Since carbs are off the table, the only way you're going to reduce your appetite is to reduce exercise.
    Eating more of the other two macros is not an option?

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by berra View Post
    Can someone PLEASE shed some light on this for me:

I'm a 25 year old female ay 58-60 kilos. Height: 171cm. I play basketball once a week and train 4-5 days for about 45mins/workout including weight and cardio training.

I IF anywhere between 17-20 hours each day and typically have 2 meals at about 500calories/meal and would have a small snack in between. I stick to a 1200cal diet.
    So, if I did the calculations correctly, you are 5'7", 130lbs, pretty active, and eating at something like a 500-1500 daily calorie deficit. I don't doubt you're hungry. I'm much older, 4" shorter, much less active and I'd be out of my mind with hunger on 1200 calories a day. Some people report that a low carb diet blunts their appetite enough that they have a hard time eating enough food, but I don't think that's typical.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    egads, more food. i am only 5'2" and am 49 and eat more than you. most days i am at about 1600 cals.

why are you starving yourself?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway