Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recovery techniques?

Question Recovery techniques?

Shop Now
    Workout hard, always have aching muscles the nest day. Wanna reduce this!

So i hydrate, stretch, bath, sleep, sleep, sleep and adequate protein. (not necessarily in that order!)

Am i forgetting anything? or any magic tricks?

Cheers

Enough calories (not only protein) is important for recovery. Low intensity walking can also help. Active recovery may also be beneficial... Movements with LIGHT weight, in the 20-30rep range. Intensity should be minimal. Soreness should gradually taper off as you become more trained/conditioned.

Have you tried a full ice bath?

Glutamine also helps.

I second an ice bath or at least a few minutes of cold shower. I've also had some neat success with those binaural beats that stimulate brain wave states, the relaxation/deep sleep ones really can add an extra layer of awesomeness to a short nap/yoga corpse pose experience...

Just my own experience and I have no science to back it up, but since supplementing with Vitamin D, my next-day DOMs hasn't been severe. Don't know why this is so. Perhaps the anti-inflammatory effect.

Check out nutrient deficiencies. That means vitamins and minerals too.

Self-massage is a wonderful idea. Do it everyday before the workout. Helps me find out what I shouldn't be working that day too. Then again, partner-massage is an even more wonderful idea.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Zinc post workout
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

A (quality) multivitamin helped me very much in this area... apt to agree with folks about the nutrient deficiencies.

How often are you working out? Are you giving your body enough rest time to recover?

Shop Now
    Thanks guys, dont know if i can handle the ice baths, but ill look into the vitamin supplements. Fitday says I am hitting everything apart from vit D (unsurprisingly). Whats a good supplement? cod liver oil inst it?

I work out once every two or three days never two in a row. Oh and what is glutamine all about?!