Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recovery techniques? page 2

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Glutamine is an amino acid I believe, found in protein powders or separately as a supplement. Supposedly helps recovery after intense weight lifting.

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    I found this stuff called pure protein at fred meyers it only has six grams of carbs and very little sugar per serving and twenty three grams of protein i have only been using it the last two days right after working out and not getting any soreness whatsoever the next day now. i was feeling pretty beat up cause i been doin p90x/insanity another bonus of the pure protein it was one of the cheaper protein powders i had found out there it was only like $30 for a 2lb can.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Are you credit card less? $30 for 2lb is outrageous. I use Muscle Gauge Whey Protein Isolate. 24g per serving, zero carbs, terrific flavors. 5 lb tub is $34.99 + $5 shipping. Found online, Muscle Gauge Nutrition or bodybuilding.com.

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RezH View Post
    Are you credit card less? $30 for 2lb is outrageous. I use Muscle Gauge Whey Protein Isolate. 24g per serving, zero carbs, terrific flavors. 5 lb tub is $34.99 + $5 shipping. Found online, Muscle Gauge Nutrition or bodybuilding.com.
    Seriously $30 for 2 lbs is robbery.

Recovery wise, I do a lot of stretching and active rest (walking or jogging) and usually a good bit of doing nothing in the evenings. I take a few supps, beta-alanine 2-3x throughout the day and eat a lot. Then again I train a lot more though (5 days per week, sometimes 6, 2-2.5hrs per session average).
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

MightyMite is offline Member
    Foam rolling right after working out.

www.robertsontrainingsystems.com/downloads/SMR-manual.pdf

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury22 View Post
    Seriously $30 for 2 lbs is robbery.

Recovery wise, I do a lot of stretching and active rest (walking or jogging) and usually a good bit of doing nothing in the evenings. I take a few supps, beta-alanine 2-3x throughout the day and eat a lot. Then again I train a lot more though (5 days per week, sometimes 6, 2-2.5hrs per session average).
    Not really where i live it was a pretty fair price i was looking at anywhere from $70 to $90 at the "health food" store i have in my dinky little town and those were one pound containers loaded with sugars, I will check out bodybuilding.com i just needed something shorterm that i could find locally till i could locate something cheaper on the web.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMite View Post
    Foam rolling right after working out.

www.robertsontrainingsystems.com/downloads/SMR-manual.pdf
    +1. it makes a world of difference.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbidchicken69 View Post
    Not really where i live it was a pretty fair price i was looking at anywhere from $70 to $90 at the "health food" store i have in my dinky little town and those were one pound containers loaded with sugars, I will check out bodybuilding.com i just needed something shorterm that i could find locally till i could locate something cheaper on the web.
    Where do you live?? $30 is ridiculous anywhere. Most vitamin shoppes or vitamin worlds have 2 lbs for ~$20 range, sometimes less if there is a sale (2 for 1, buy 2 one half off).

Bodybuilding.com and DPS nutrition are really good.

I stay away from Supplement Warehouse. I've heard too much about people's card info getting stolen through buying there. Bodybuilding.com and DPS are awesome. Bodybuilding.com's shipping is usually VERY fast too.
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Glutamine didn't do absolutely anything for me, and many people report similar results. Save your money!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Give the ice bath a shot by starting with a cold water bath. It inly takes about 30 seconds to acclimate, then you can eventually start using 1 bag of ice, then 2 and that should be about enough. I thought the same "I could never do that" until I tried it and it wasn't hard at all. It is just like many other things here in PB...once we let go of our previous beliefs towards something, then it begomes much easier.

Personal example: I never wanted to be a father. My wife 'convinced me' to consider it and we eventually (after 3 years) had beautiful twin girls. Now, I couldn't imagine living without them. if you don't like the cold bath, then try a cold shower first. There is always a modification.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast