Thread: Metabolic Physique Conditioning page

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

Metabolic Physique Conditioning

Are you looking to change up your program?

I've recently evolved into what's called Metabolic Physique Conditioning.

Metabolic physique conditioning (MPC) takes the best from both the metabolic conditioning world and the physique development world while sprinkling in elements of functional full body exercises.

Anyone else tried this approach with any success?

Here's my recent blog on this type of training on the Peak Performance site -

Metabolic Physique Conditioning

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I don't rest between sets with my heavy weights. So I'll move straight from a 70lb weighted chin to a 70lb weighted dip to 275lb deadlift.... ect for 5-7 exercises and thats my workout. Total metabolic hit with my relatively strength based program. I've also done "the deck" So you sit with a deck of cards and make up some rules and go to town. Like reds are pull ups and blacks are pushups. Do the number on the card (face cards increase by one of course in order). Do the whole deck. Good fun. And yeah, my rest between workouts is unregulated these days. This week I only did one strength day, one tabata type day, and tomorrow will be a long relaxing morning hike for my birthday

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I don't rest between sets with my heavy weights. So I'll move straight from a 70lb weighted chin to a 70lb weighted dip to 275lb deadlift.... ect for 5-7 exercises and thats my workout. Total metabolic hit with my relatively strength based program. I've also done "the deck" So you sit with a deck of cards and make up some rules and go to town. Like reds are pull ups and blacks are pushups. Do the number on the card (face cards increase by one of course in order). Do the whole deck. Good fun. And yeah, my rest between workouts is unregulated these days. This week I only did one strength day, one tabata type day, and tomorrow will be a long relaxing morning hike for my birthday
    Happy Birthday Neckhammer! Love to hear about your training, always interesting! Have a great day.