Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what do you do for a living? page 7

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am a Divisional Market Manager for a national food manufacturer. I get all the eggs and potatoes I can eat.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andreoilin View Post
    Industrial insulation, though the contractor I currently work for does primarily firestopping. It's good work, lots of physical activity and constant movement, loads of climbing. While it's not what I'd like to do as a long term career, I'm third generation in so I take a good sense of pride in it, and the money is enough to pay off student loans and save toward whatever comes next (I have a degree in fine arts / drawing, and would love to get my MFA in a year or two and see where that takes me). It's fun being the smallest person on the crew too, I get picked to climb and crawl into all the fun and small complicated spaces. Always an adventure!
    Wow, someone else with a BFA in drawing/painting! As far as the MFA goes (hubby has one) if you have to get in debt to do it, DON'T. Think carefully what it will get you and consider if you can get there w/o the degree. Just my 2 cents, I have several friends from art school that got in debt for their MFAs and the MFAs aren't helping them pay off the debt.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the thing about art is that there isn't any kind of legal body that dictates who can and cannot art based on paper certifications. It bugs me that there are degrees for it. One would think their portfolio would speak much louder, anyways.

M.

janie is online now Senior Member
    Artist/author. Neither paid the bills, of course, but I'm now retired from a senior administrative post and can dream and play as much as I want.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Oxidd1979 is offline Junior Member
    I'm a SysAdmin for the Province owned power company. My speciality is ActiveDirectory and PowerShell scripting.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I live minimalistic, so, I have no need for a well paying job. I gave that up for a pursuit in working as little as possible in order to live my life to its fullest. I can't imagine happiness chasing wages and being chained down by obligations. I want my entire life to be a 7 day weekend, where my time is my own, and I'm free to enlighten myself and learn and do as much as possible.
    nihil

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I live minimalistic, so, I have no need for a well paying job. I gave that up for a pursuit in working as little as possible in order to live my life to its fullest. I can't imagine happiness chasing wages and being chained down by obligations. I want my entire life to be a 7 day weekend, where my time is my own, and I'm free to enlighten myself and learn and do as much as possible.
    Hey, that's my goal! even with 2 young kids I saw again this funny movie called Office Space and this daily life revolving around an office work is what I am about to end ...

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Former teacher.

Currently in nursing school. Thinking of eventually specializing in Wound Ostomy Nursing.

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    I'm a consultant with an large advisory firm.

Looking to get out of this corporate hell and explore something I have a passion for.
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxidd1979 View Post
    I'm a SysAdmin for the Province owned power company. My speciality is ActiveDirectory and PowerShell scripting.
    Sounds pretty similar to what I do. Though, we're only recently migrating from XP en masse so PowerShell is new to me. Just been doing some automation with batch scripting right out of command line functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, I suddenly became "Mr. Responsible" a few years ago. Managed to get a pretty nifty engagement out of it, but I'm not great at managing money so I don't really have much to show for it yet.

M.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast