Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what do you do for a living? page 2

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    IT project manager for a health insurance company.

Diene, I am envious of your 3 pages - that's at least two more than I have.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm 100 pages into one of my books, and two pages into another. No end in sight for either.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Lawyer. Worst profession ever. Don't do it. If you know someone who wants to go to law school, tell them emphatically DON'T. DO. IT.

Other than that, I'm secretly an aspiring novelist. I have three whole pages written. Three. Whole. Pages.
    Me too. I don't think I hate it like you do, I actually like my job. But I TOTALLY agree with you about telling people not to go to law school at this point. I would never go now...

Good luck on your novel!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    IT project manager for a health insurance company.

Diene, I am envious of your 3 pages - that's at least two more than I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm 100 pages into one of my books, and two pages into another. No end in sight for either.
    Hey, someone on here (Lady D, I think) told me about this: National Novel Writing Month I signed up and am now determined to write an entire novel this November. You guys can try it too. Should be fun! Lots of people succeed every year!

By the way, 100 pages is a lot. That is freaking amazing, really!

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Me too. I don't think I hate it like you do, I actually like my job. But I TOTALLY agree with you about telling people not to go to law school at this point. I would never go now...

Good luck on your novel!
    Yeah, the job market is dismal right now. The entire profession is dismal. No improvement in sight either.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Professional Bikini Waxer, no lie. Self employed, work when I want, wear what I want. Talk to interesting people all day like its no big deal I have my hand on their vagina the whole time. I don't make a ton of money but never aspired to anyways. I value the freedom I have.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i work for an italian importer and sell his wines and specialty liqueurs. am under study for my master sommelier certification.

up until june of this year, i spent most of my adult life working in restaurants. what a holy hell that was everyday.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'm a sub editor. I used to work on IT/trade titles; now I work for a medical college. I've done it for 15 years and I'm beginning to get tired of adding commas and untangling clauses. I have no idea what to do about this.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 08-16-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: added a semicolon - I know!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Lots of IT people on here so far...

I am certified as a high school Home Ec and ESL teacher,but have never had a full-time classroom of my own. Currently I am staying home with my girls. No plans to get into the public school system any time soon. I have worked at the college level, and loved it, but maybe when my baby is in school too.

DH and I own and run our organic laundry detergent business, selling both retail and wholesale. www.greenerlivingstore.com

I'm in the process of applying for a Crisis Hotline Worker, where I would answer the hotline after hours. I can do it from home, and it's in the evenings when DH is home, so it should be pretty easy. No counselling involved so it shouldn't get too emotional. Crossing my fingers that I get it b/c the extra income would make it much easier to save up for a different van!

DH works at an insurance agency and sells mainly farm and crop insurance.
    Last edited by blondiegreen; 08-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    IT Manger for a commercial printing company. Everything from teching computers to web design.

nov26_2 is offline Member
    I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I have a private therapy practice specializing mostly in addictions and anxiety disorders. Mostly use what is known as a Rational Living approach. I split my time between that and being a stay at home Dad for my two kids since the wife has a demanding career that involves lots of hours. If I could only get my wife to try PB, I could have used the bringing home the bacon gag about her!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast