Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what do you do for a living?

Shop Now
    I drive a forklift.

I wanna make coffee. Soooooooooon.

Architecture. With a capital A. :-)
    Mostly residential...this Primal thing is another inspiration to make what FLlWright called organic architecture --connecting people to nature while minimizing the carbon footprint.

Driver of the spirit of capitalism in allocating resources (moneys) where they are most efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Teach piano (and flute and keyboard) from my home. Part time. I don't really have to earn a living, my dh does that. I do this to pass on what I received and to fund my own continued music lessons etc.
    Awesome. I totally admire this. I want to be able to do this when I am married/have kids/stay at home/retired

Knowledge Manager. My team includes recordkeeping, library, and even a little film crew (to record that knowledge on video).

Most of my working life in IT. Cisco wrangler for those other geeks.

I am a scientist - study the immune system and autoimmune diseases.

It is a horrible time to be a scientist in the US. All your time is spent writing grants instead of doing science and there are very, very few jobs to be found.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

I designed electronics for a networking company for nineteen years. Now I slackline and do chores around my house.
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post

It is a horrible time to be a scientist in the US. All your time is spent writing grants instead of doing science and there are very, very few jobs to be found.
    I hear you--my dad was a research biochemist, great guns in the 70's, but the grant machine got ugly by the 90's/y2k. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Awesome. I totally admire this. I want to be able to do this when I am married/have kids/stay at home/retired
    Hey thanks, Sakura.

Shop Now
    Trainee lawyer. The traineeship lasts two years after which we sit the bar exams. For now I have to work as a general practitioner, which is very formative but definitely not what I want to do. I'm more interested in energy law, banking law and sports arbitration.

Any other lawyers about? I notice I have never met an american lawyer who enjoys his job, whereas europeans generally do. Is there any reason for that or do I just attract grumpy people?