Thread: Spicy food bleck... page

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member

Spicy food bleck...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So here's the issue. I LOVE spicy food. As in, love it and 95% of my meals have some sort of spice, and most of them have peppers. I'm not willing to go off night shades, for sure. But I am having mad indigestion, almost like reflux, during workouts, even if it's in the 2-3 hour window after eating. Are there any primal solutions for this that don't include not having spicy food?
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    what else are you eating?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

joellgoldman is offline Junior Member
    You should give up spicy food at any cost. As you eat spicy foods regularly you develop immunity against it. But it’s too dangerous to have it constantly. I too had reflexes and all. Spices and herb blends are best if you use it for medicinal purposes than adding taste to the food.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Black pepper actually ISN'T a nightshade despite the "pepper" name...

Also, consider wasabi and horseradish for a bit of non-nightshade based punch to your meals.

Not saying you need to ditch the spicy peppers altogether, but consider changing it up with some other foods that have a good amount of kick to them. Consider things like arugula, mustard greens (especially red mustard greens), even though they're considered "greens" technically, you can use them like spices. I once made a pesto sauce using red mustard greens in place of basil and man, that was a spicy win.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joellgoldman View Post
    You should give up spicy food at any cost. As you eat spicy foods regularly you develop immunity against it. But it’s too dangerous to have it constantly. I too had reflexes and all. Spices and herb blends are best if you use it for medicinal purposes than adding taste to the food.
    Ummm.... Source?
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    That is a spam bot.

M.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    on a 6-month old thread.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    So much fail. I'll go hide now.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%