Thread: Exercise to feel good. What to add? page

Ripped is offline Senior Member

Exercise to feel good. What to add?

Shop Now
    Hi folks, I wrote another thread about this. You don't have to read it to answer my question, but here it is just in case:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread92761.html

I'm just looking for what to add into my routine just so I can get that good feeling that exercise gives you. Right now I'm just doing heavy lifting twice per week and a lot of walking on the sides.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How about sprints? Or jogging a few times per week? Or both, as long as I don't overdo it? I feel great, but I just don't think I'm getting enough to feel at my best.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    I am a current avid Crossfitter and beginning weight lifter (yes, I separate the two, because I am tired of fighting the good fight that some of us Xfit kids are dedicated to weights, ;-) ). I have had some notoriously difficult workouts in both disciplines, and have also done some cardio challenges. I even did a couple of 12 mile mud runs that really tested the hell out of me! Hands down though, the best I have ever felt after any workout was when I was doing intramural swimming in college.

I didn't know any of the strokes, so I joined a beginning swim class, got much better them, and worked my way into the intermediate/advanced class. By the end of a year and a half I was doing 3000 yards a class and every time I left, I just felt exhausted and awesome. If you have the time and dedication, swimming, I think, is the way to go. If you aren't a strong swimmer, do a beginning class and progress. Once you know all four strokes, at least the basics, you can even join a master's program at your local pool where someone will do the programming for you. Hands down the best exercise ever, and low impact great for your joints as well.
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

nergerty is offline Junior Member
    Exercise must be essential for physically fitness.Want to feel better, have more energy and perhaps even live longer? Look no further than exercise. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Even though too much of it is associated with osteoporosis and asthma-like symptoms, etc., I always feel AWESOME after a good bicycle ride.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I like upbeat dancing with no structure of Zumba and lately really dig martial art classes for companionship and challenge of learning the awareness of how body moves and the mystery of what other person is doing in an exercise
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.