Thread: Zucchini ideas? page

wiltondeportes Guest

Zucchini ideas?

Primal Fuel
    I have a huge zucchini... No really, it's 10 pounds.

I've grilled it and put some African spicy salt on it, but I'm willing to branch out.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    There is a great zucchini humus recipe and also someone just posted a zucchini butter recipe that looks great.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    Zucchini pasta is great! Just need a julienne peeler. Treat it like regular pasta, you can boil it, steam it, or sauté it.

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Stuff it with mince and veg like dolma

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    It's courgette, innit? Or marrow, being that big?

Yeah, stuff it! Living in the Ice Age: Stuffed Marrow

... or cube up and curry. I love marrow* curry.

* this side of the pond (in't UK) we call large courgette (zucchini) a marrow. Either way, it works perfectly with pork.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    I often make ratatouille, thought I dont use a recipe heres a couple that look similar to what I do;

Disney's Ratatouille Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Ratatouille Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Most of the difference between the two is canned vs fresh tomatoes. I dont put eggplant if I dont have it sometimes, just put more zucchini and its still great.

Also, my mom puts zucchini in stews and soups and I always loved that growing up. Especially in some oxtail soup...yuuum.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

RobbyJ is offline Member
    Try this.

Cook an onion in pan with oil. When it's a few minutes in, add cherry tomatoes and thin slices of zucchini. Salt and pepper to taste, yum!.

Also, take a few onions and cook them in oil. Add a few chopped up squash and zucchini, salt, pepper (season this as desired, cook a bit), and chicken broth to cover. Boil, then use a hand mixer to reduce squash and zucchini to liquid (plus seeds). Add more broth and boil, mixing to make a nice soup. Some great seasonings are christmas... nutmeg, cinnamon, clove. Also you can go spicy with a pepper, cayenne powder, etc. Really whatever you want.. these squash take a lot of flavor.

Also you can make a chili style. Put some beef or lamb, half ground half stew size, cook in oil with salt, pepper. Add a bunch of veggies like carrot, celery, green pepper, etc., then add a bunch of cut up zucchini. It should be watery before you add the squash, as the other veggies will give off water in a covered pot. Best part is, add some chili paste. Really great stuff, add whatever you want, because you are the chef and it is your decision what it tastes like.

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    Zucchini chili, that sounds fantastic. I'll be trying that when the weather cools down!