Thread: A moderate copper deficiency may make moderate fructose intake dangerous page

peril is offline Senior Member

A moderate copper deficiency may make moderate fructose intake dangerous

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    But there is this: Dietary fructose or starch: effects on copper... [Am J Clin Nutr. 1989] - PubMed - NCBI

Though, I also have seen that fructose decreases the activity of the copper enzyme superoxide dismutase, so, I need to research more. Eating liver, oysters, and chocolate is always good anyway.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Copper is one of those things I just can't nail down. For every person saying how easy it is to get too much, there is another person saying we need more!

I guess adding in liver, oysters, and chocolate does seem like a pretty safe bet though.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    We could all just start swallowing pennies. Copper AND zinc! Score!

M.