Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Moluv Journal page 8

moluv is offline Senior Member

Moluv Journal

Shop Now
    I got a new toy: a food scale. I'm having so much fun measuring out my cheese. This thing can tell me so much more useful information than that GD body fat scale I've been at odds with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Beets is offline Junior Member
    Hey lady. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. She sounds like a special woman. Hang on to those memories.

Caught up with your journal. Glad the new WOE is working out. The Peat stuff I'd read was way heavier on sugar, but I've also been enjoying my fruit and cream this summer.

Gah my pants are tight. I need to get grains out of my life. And dairy. Cream and some cheese is no problem for me but I think other dairy is. I also got so so sick of meat (gag) and didn't know where to go. But it's cool here and I can cook again--if not run up my credit cards on GF meat.

I want to feel lean again. Even when I started eating fruit and cream this summer I kept losing. I bought new pants and they were loose in a week. But the grains have got to goooooo. I'm all puffy in the middle and my butt got soft.

This summer I kept snacking on dates with almond butter and was thinking how hilarious it was how much I stressed the dates way back when. Ah well. I still miss the "it's real" feeling I got from starting a W__. Wish there was a happy medium that got my butt in gear.
    Last edited by Beets; 09-14-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beets View Post
    Hey lady. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. She sounds like a special woman. Hang on to those memories.

Caught up with your journal. Glad the new WOE is working out. The Peat stuff I'd read was way heavier on sugar, but I've also been enjoying my fruit and cream this summer.

Gah my pants are tight. I need to get grains out of my life. And dairy. Cream and some cheese is no problem for me but I think other dairy is. I also got so so sick of meat (gag) and didn't know where to go. But it's cool here and I can cook again--if not run up my credit cards on GF meat.

I want to feel lean again. Even when I started eating fruit and cream this summer I kept losing. I bought new pants and they were loose in a week. But the grains have got to goooooo. I'm all puffy in the middle and my butt got soft.

This summer I kept snacking on dates with almond butter and was thinking how hilarious it was how much I stressed the dates way back when. Ah well. I still miss the "it's real" feeling I got from starting a W__. Wish there was a happy medium that got my butt in gear.
    Beeeeeeeets! I read this earlier when it still said "hey dude" and before it said your butt got soft. As you know, I am a habitual tapatalk refresher, and I know you can't post without an edit

Don't you love MDA already with the functional line breaks?! And editing!? When we were emailing I'd worried I had scared you off with my admission to being a partial Peat troll. But I am enjoying that style- when I'm doing it right. With 3 deaths close to me in the past 6 weeks, my eating has been all over the place. I'm such an emotional eater. I'm operating at about half-assed right now. But I refuse to stress about it. I still want to lose a bit of fat, I must. And I can sympathize about w30 being such a decisive forward move- but I think after the initial aha moment of the first w30, subsequent attempts will never be as powerful. I remember lessons I learned from that time, but I know I can't replicate it. I have latched onto Peat principles mainly because they encompass things that I intuitively knew were not working for me (i.e. meat, added fat). And eating sweets has stopped me from craving or overeating sweets. I did shrink down a few lbs and felt nice and light during the 2 weeks between my grandpa-in-laws death and my grandmas and I was working peat principles daily. But since my grandmas death I'm still struggling. Ill get back though, I know it. And I WILL fit into my old jeans. It can't be that hard.

What are you going to do? Another w30?

I was so excited yesterday because the weight of grief had noticeably lifted, and I further removed myself from its grasp by doing a little retail therapy. Bought a food scale, some workout pants and a kettlebell. Went to the park to soak up some sunshine and get some exercise, practice my handstands without a wall etc. first thing I did was set up my camera to get a shot for Instagram hash tag "forearm Fridays". Well, this is the first time I've attempted forearm stand on grass (totally different) and wo a wall behind me. And I kick up too high and go over on my nose, with twisted spine.

At first I was focused on the pain in my nose (which I had dropped my phone on from arms length just the day before trying to get a mother/son selfie) which was already bruised. Like a good yogi, I brushed it off and kept going. I got a few headstands in, a few handstands in

(Or as Zach would call them "kick ups" as I can't hold them, but whatever). Then my neck really started hurting. I moved onto kettlebells swings and the pain radiated down to my shoulders. It's not serious but I'm a baby, so, it's mid-level serious FOR ME. I went home and doused myself with Tiger Balm, took Tylenol. Tossed and turned all night. Totally stiff by morning. Hit up my moms medicine cabinet for muscle relaxers by lunch time. Lost all desire to eat clean once the nausea hit. Ate chips! Agh! Call the Pity Police and the Whambulance. I have more range of motion, I know it will heal fast but all I want to do is keep practicing inversions a d get under that kettlebell today ans i cant. Eating junk while convalescing is double bad!

Zach is offline Banned
    Aww look at that cute lil bell.

Injuries suck, you know what makes you better though? A good diet. Quit eating crap and get on with it. Also aspirin + orange juice = no pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Also aspirin + orange juice = no pain.
    Awwww that reminds me of the Cosby show where Cliff crushes Rudy's aspirin in orange juice. I feel better already. This is why I hired you

http://youtu.be/byUoO2eTv2s

Zach is offline Banned
    PMs are full. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    PMs are full. :P
    Try me now

Zach is offline Banned
    Roger doger. Also i just read the first three pages of your journal, hilarious! And im glad i didnt miss that before/after shot.

Moluv Journal

Received lovely gifts from my girlfriends today over a beautiful lunch if noodleless seafood pho (my treat)

we shared our secrets and giggled a lot. The three of us haven't been together in a month due to travel, travel and travel abroad. Got to spend the better part of the day just hanging out with them.

I was so antsy to move after lunch that I rushed through the second half of my friends Turkey/Hungary travel pics because I just couldn't sit still anymore. Did a yoga/plank progression with neutral spine (my neck improved after a couple aspirin in oj majic earlier) while mi friend rolled us a couple Amsterdam shag tobacco cigs. We talked on the balcony for a long wile. I had 2 little puffs and snuffed it for later.

Then I got caught in the rain which was awesome.

For breakfast I had a lemon drop (gelatin, lemon, sugar, warm water, forgot the salt dang) quart size took my till 7:30 pm to finish it

For breakfast 2 I had 5 oz lwft ctgch and 5 oz crushed pineapple

Lunch was this:

Seafood pho no noodles and a perfect Thai tea

Dinner: bowl of ice cream Hagen daaaasss chocolate

Dessert: 3 mini wedges of watermelon

Also had aspirin twice in 4 oz oj each time

Ill drink milk some point before bed

Tried on my dress w/o Spanx and this is what it looks like. This is from my friend that's been in Michigan for the month/ it's from a fair trade store

ETA: That's a glass if hibiscus cardamom home brewed Kombucha in my hand 2 pics up, fckng amazing
    Last edited by moluv; 09-16-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast