Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Moluv Journal page 24

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just a fly by to say your boys are the cutest ever!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Just a fly by to say your boys are the cutest ever!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Thanks S!

Just wanted to add one final journal entry here after taking some time away from the forum. After 2 1/2 years of WAPF/ Paleo/ Primal/ Whole30 ways of eating I can finally say that it was the worst dietary advice I ever took. I have gone back to a vegan diet, which is the type of diet I have always naturally gravitated to. Even after a few years of strict veganism in my twenties my animal product consumption remained low and sporadic. It was only after a nutritionist advised a paleo type diet that I began including meat and eggs on a daily basis. She also advised against sweet fruits (one green apple every other day, what a fucking joke) and I suffered miserably on this plan. While I did reap benefits due to avoidance of packaged foods and processed grains, I also declined in vibrancy and health- I gained 20+ lbs over the 2 1/2 years, I wasn't as happy go lucky or creative, I couldn't sleep, I was addicted to pot and caffeine, my sex drive tanked and I had no energy or desire to excercise. All these changes happened so slowly that it was hard to notice and even more difficult to pinpoint. It was only after trying out the Ray Peat woe that I realized how dreadfully undercarbed I'd been, and only after leaving this forum altogether that I was finally able to see clearly what had happened to my mind and body over the years. I really cut back on meat eating until a few weeks ago I helped my husband butcher a deer he hunted and was traumatized by mutilating such a beautiful creature for food. My old vegan life came back in a flash and I knew I couldn't eat animals. I did a lot of research and realized that for every scientific study claiming that meat is the cornerstone of our evolution there is another study claiming starch is. I have seen plenty of vegan athletes- from bodybuilders to marathoners to ballerinas who thrive on a vegan diet but at the end of the day, all I know is I feel better- in both body and mind- when I am not eating the animals. I am eating unlimited quantities of fruits and vegetables, mostly raw, some steamed. Sometimes grains and legumes and avocados. Very little oils- mostly just if I'm really junking out and eating chips or something- so rare- but I no longer view coconut oil as a healthfood- it's more of a hair treatment. I'm running every single day and I love it. I've finally dropped @ 8 pounds, with no calorie counting, no portion control. I carb the fuck up and then stay busy, active, bouncy and happy all day long. I'm more compassionate to animals and even adopted a small dog from the shelter. The one thing I do agree with in the paleo/primal woe is EAT WHOLE UNPROCESSED FOODS. But if you think about it, meat is a highly processed food- the animal takes in nutrients ans enzymes, amino acids from plants and stores them in their tissues, which you then eat. Wouldn't a simpler way be to just eat the plants? Think about it.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    heya pleased to see you back and doing so well! i do have to say i spent 23 odd years as a vege/vegan. i have always been suspicious that if it was that bad for you, why have i aged so well. my skin didnt fall to pieces, my metabolic rate is still working etc. the slow incidious, frog in a boiling pot weight gain and mental health issues on VLC happened to me too. i used to run every day, eat loads of fruit and have so much fun beforehand. i am clawing it back too. still eat meat but i am prepared to shoot the deer myself. here they are pests so i'd rather shoot and eat it than let someone 1080 it and leave it to rot. and lmao i have always just put coconut oil on my hair!!! kinda the same as i cant drink chamomile tea as mum used to put it on my hair so it is like drinking shampoo! i do think the key is to eat unprocessed foods. avoid those vege oils like the plague and to enjoy moving.

canio6 Guest
    Good to hear you have found what works for you moluv. We miss you around here though. Check in every once in a while to let us know how well you are doing

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Not going to get into that debate as it's been done to death and will go on forever and a day.

If it works for you and you feel great, go for it and I wish you all the best with it Mo
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are having success. I hope you stick around; I enjoyed reading your posts. But I can understand as some people are less accepting of differences.

Also a little jealous because veganism is so much more cost effective from both a money and moral standpoint. The time I was veg were the times I felt the worst in my life though. Feeling that bad sucks though. No diet's worth it.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're doing well moluv. I have been gravitating towards vegetarianism (not quite vegan though) and have been feeling great as well. I only eat eggs, cottage cheese, and some shellfish for animal products. Make sure to keep eating salt I think it'll help. And if you are feeling like you are missing something, I would definitely add eggs in.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Hey moluv, nice to hear from you.

Your presence has been missed on here.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just wanted to pop in with a quick update. Even though I don't eat animals or their body fluids anymore I still miss the MDA Forum every now and then. Though when I read a "lard is better for your cholesterol than coconut oil" bit of advice to someone with startlingly high cholesterol my eyes rolled so far back in my head I did a somersault. Like seriously, in the 3 months I've been away from here no one has figured out they may be better off without both lard AND coconut oil. OMG. Revolutionary thinking. I have now been following a mostly low fat, low sodium plant based diet since November and am thriving on that. I lost around 13 pounds eating mostly raw fruits and veggies- about a pound of raw leafy greens a day provided most of my protein. I avoided alcohol and caffeine, salt and oils entirely during that time and experienced a major mental/cognitive shift in which my natural entrepreneur spirit came alive and sort of took over my whole life. I expanded my existing spa business and then started an online education and consulting business on the side as well as another business- a marketing platform- that I am developing to the point where I will pitch it to Google Ventures and seek major capital funding. I've already pitched the idea to many people in NYC and have had excellent feedback. I also am writing blog posts and recording education videos for a major skincare company as well as consulting for a spa software company. ALL of that I credit to the physical and mental clarity and energy that were a by-product of a super clean diet. I was very in touch with my true self and was able to be very powerful and persuasive in my industry. I am using the past tense because all of that travel and new work was very stressful and my diet slipped up. I started drinking coffee again, and cocktails. I'm still mostly vegan (I've eaten a dish with cheese in it, my gluten free bread has egg whites) but I've gone to more comfort food vegan- more cooked starches, more salt, more fats, more gluten free breads and even....DONUTS. I guess I came on here to tell on myself for such laziness and because all that stress and subsequent junkfood caused all the weight is lost to come back. Time to pull my shit together and drop that weight back off ASAP because I have to be online and at trade shows in front of a lot of people and don't want to feel like a butterball.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast