Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Moluv Journal page 20

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    And that goddam body fat analysis scale is still showing 40% body fat.

Over 32% is obese. My body fat % has not budged. I feel like I need to do something drastic.

And this is why I shouldn't have access to crappy, unreliable body fat measuring devices.

I need to remember to have a trainer get the calipers on me at the club next time I go. Which should be today.
    A body fat machine put me at 28% bf. You've seen my pics. I'm not skinny, but I'm not 28% bf!

Those things are affected by how hydrated you are, how inflamed, and how much you're pooping. The way your clothing fits in teh most reliable measurement.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Remember boobs are mostly fat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Mo, you're super hot regardless of what your scale says! You look strong, lean, and vibrant.

Now, can you please post that chocolate syrup recipe!!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Remember boobs are mostly fat...

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Mo, you're super hot regardless of what your scale says! You look strong, lean, and vibrant.

Now, can you please post that chocolate syrup recipe!!
    Thanks ladies. I have calmed down today as the 5 lbs I gained has magically disappeared overnight. I found out ican get a caliper reading from a trainer so I will do that this week, though am nervous that it will just confirm my obesity and I can't keep using the "those digital scales are inaccurate". But maybe that is just the push I need to get serious about my diet and stop eating cupcakes at every birthday party I go to.

My little boys party was last night though, and I had pizza, soda, 3 mini cupcakes and a single serve cup of Hagen Daz. I now have 12 leftover cupcakes taunting me in the house- so I am taking evasive measures. I made a sweet lunch of a slice of cold steamed sweet potato, with a dollop of whipped cottage cheese and a drizzle of THE chocolate syrup and sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.

Finished with a mug of chocolate milk.

I also have an applesauce soufflé in the oven.

I will not be having any cupcakes today. Promise.

As for the chocolate syrup- you must go to raypeatforum.com and search "chocolate syrup" to see all the comments about it. It's legendary. It's one guy's (Bruce maybe?) recipe that gets passed around and talked about a lot. Very charming.

I have already forgotten, but I think you just cook together 2 cups sugar, 1 cup cocoa and 1 cup water for a few minutes. Chilled it takes on the consistency of Hershey's syrup in a can. Holy hell is it good.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Omg. That looks so good. I am chilling pumpkin custard ahora.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    The body fat analysis scale just needs recalibrated. This can be done without any fancy technical expertise or wonky equipment.

You'll need a mirror, some string, a garbage bag, and hiking shoes.

Walk to the nearest body of water - a deep pond, a lake, a river. Check the readings again near the body of water, and if the device is still reading 40% body fat (+/- 5%), place the device in the garbage bag with 37 (no more, no less) smooth rocks the size of a golf ball and secure the opening with the string. Holding onto the other end of the string, whirl the device over your head in a counter-clockwise fashion for no fewer than 12 revolutions. When maximum speed is attained, let go of the string and whisper Adios, beyotch! When the bag has sunk into the water, say a brief prayer of thanks. Look in the mirror and see someone who has a rockin' bod. Then enjoy your hike back to the world, and forget about ever using one of those stupid things again.

If you are 40% bf I'm George flippin' Clooney.
    So many LOLs FinnigansWake XD

Thanks I needed that. Will report back if I need instructions for re calibrating the calipers :/

Went to a bodybuilders forum via a google search about why I got so sleepy today after lifting yesterday and have fallen down a well oiled rabbit hole of... of.... of......

I don't know what is happening over there.

I clicked on a thread in miscellaneous a guy posted about a girl he dated for a month leaving him for a "beta [derogatory] male". What proceeded was 3 pages of him getting made fun of relentlessly mixed about equally with other dudes saying how they were going to have sex with his ex. I gotta give it to these young men, their creativity in spelling words like "phuuuckkk" and "pussi" in various ways, as well as the myriad of euphemisms was eye opening.

And several posters used the phrase "we're all gonna make it bro/brah" without a hint of irony. And that was really my take away from the bodybuilding forum was that all the brahsare gonna make it. What a positive and uplifting message.

:/

I think I will set up an account there first thing tomorrow.

That forum makes mda look like Sesame Street XD

Seriously, I am still laughing about things I saw/ read there. The word "brostradamus" for one.

Moluv Journal

Apparently a few days ago when I was eating all the naughty things and freaking out about being so puffed up and stuff was just a harbinger of my impending lunar bloodbath. So like, next month when I start eating gobs of food and whining a bunch will someone please remind me I'm going to start my period soon so I can remember to put my GD divacup in my purse or whatever. I almost ruined my brand new hot pink leotard today. I swear, every month it's like I've totally forgotten this is going to happen. And my cycle is so predictable but I literally CAN'T remember it.

Anyhoooooooo

Treated myself to a trip to the dance wear store earlier and wore my new Leo to dance class tonight.

I danced my little heart out (I suck but I love it). My toe is almost totally healed- I've been out of the boot this week and just keep it buddy taped. So happy to dance again!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I just barely skimmed your journal, gonna have to go back and read more when I have time. I appreciate your input elsewhere in the forums. You look great and should probably just toss the bodyfat scale!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    That leotard is awesome. In high school, I took some dance classes & I loved wearing my leotards with skirts or jeans. Such a bitch for going to the bathroom though, haha.

Do you have a calendar anywhere in your life? I use the one on my cubicle wall at work & put a question mark on the day I think I'll get my period (usually 4 weeks + 2 days) and then underline the day I actually get it so I can estimate the next one. I see the calendar 5 days out of the week so it works well for me. They also have phone apps to remind you and you could make yourself a calendar event if you have gmail and it will email you a reminder.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast