Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Moluv Journal page 19

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY?!?! Whaaaaaaa! So, it's true, I ate a bunch of crap this week (that epic burger) but also I've just been eating a lot! Whenever I significantly increase my activity level (added lifting) I always feel extra hungry and have an easier time "cheating". Yesterday we took the kids to a roller skating party and I did rollers late a bit and then ate a small piece of strawberry shortcake AND a chocolate cupcake. WTF?!?! I know that has high PUFA. I don't give a fck about the flour or sugar, it's the vegetable oil and possibly hydrogenated oil in the frostings that disgust me. I'm all puffy and lumpy now and I weigh the most I can recall weighing outside of pregnancy. Eeep!! I can't even say how much. I know it's probably water and not fat but still. Gross. Because I know the scale is a tricky motherfcker, I did the real test- putting on some too small jeans. I got into them! So now I'm really like WTF?! I'm the heaviest yet somehow smaller. I do have a wicked muffing top, er cupcake top, hanging over these pants- but not too long ago I couldn't even button them.

So obviously ill not be eating like a careless piglet this week but is there a fast way to lose this water weight? Not the water in my muscles, just the skin fat water puff? I have water pills. I am thinking about taking some. Anything else?

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    So obviously ill not be eating like a careless piglet this week but is there a fast way to lose this water weight? Not the water in my muscles, just the skin fat water puff? I have water pills. I am thinking about taking some. Anything else?
    When I gain some unexplained poundage/bloat from too much eating (generally of crap foods ie cake) I've found the best way to lose the water weight to be a combo of low carb and IF. Basically, fast until dinner - eat a steak with a vegetable. Repeat the next day if necessary. I have not needed more than 2 days for the water weight to be gone. The lack of carbs seems to cause the water weight to be released. Then I go back to eating normally. Of course YMMV.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    You retain a lot of water in your muscles when you first start exercising in a different way.

Also I am much heavier now that I lift weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    eat a steak with a vegetable.
    A cruel and unusual punishment for eating a cupcake ;(

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    My "bloating" is really random (I put it in quotes because I don't think fluctuating between raging abs and decent abs is the same level of bloating other people deal with). But there's no real pattern I can discern. My abs were raging after a week of drinking at the Great American Beer Festival last week. But last year after it was over I looked like I had a man baby. And had the worst gas ever.

As far as it going away, I just keep eating whatever's paleo/primal, and it does. High carb or low carb seems to make no difference. My salt intake varies quite a bit also with no predictable effect on abs status.

Probably not much help, other than to point out "it happens".

Sent via F-22 Raptor

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad you posted this!!! About three weeks ago I gained 7 lbs, but weirdly my measurements are the same, even though I'\m ridiculously bloated. No idea what's causing it (well, probably stress in my case).

I'm kind of hoping it might be the bloat before a whoosh but I'm not holding my breath...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

And that goddam body fat analysis scale is still showing 40% body fat.

Over 32% is obese. My body fat % has not budged. I feel like I need to do something drastic.

And this is why I shouldn't have access to crappy, unreliable body fat measuring devices.

I need to remember to have a trainer get the calipers on me at the club next time I go. Which should be today.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    A cruel and unusual punishment for eating a cupcake ;(
    Agreed, though to be fair when I go off the reservation it is usually more than a cupcake. And, of course, on your worst day you look better than I do on my best
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    And that goddam body fat analysis scale is still showing 40% body fat.
    Those things are bullshit! Don't let numbers get you down, girl.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

In happier news I deadlifted 155lbs as my 5 rep max today.

And some gorgeous young men whom I was openly admiring doing handstand walks and weighted pull-ups (**fans face**) taught me how to use the rubber bands to do pull-ups instead of the weight assisted machine.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast