Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Moluv Journal page 17

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    you fapping dude?
    Hahaha. Just acknowledging a nice backside.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    moluv - i've been meaning to ask; you detailed your food intake a while back and aside from the recent Mexican food blowout, what would you say your daily calories look like roughly? I can't handle a ton of dairy and w/ all that liquid you mention for the first 1/2 - 2/3rds of your day, do you get near 1500 cal?

getting 'enough' has been tricky for me; both w/ Primal and any variations on Peat I've tried. so just curious.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    moluv - i've been meaning to ask; you detailed your food intake a while back and aside from the recent Mexican food blowout, what would you say your daily calories look like roughly? I can't handle a ton of dairy and w/ all that liquid you mention for the first 1/2 - 2/3rds of your day, do you get near 1500 cal?

getting 'enough' has been tricky for me; both w/ Primal and any variations on Peat I've tried. so just curious.
    I haven't been tracking my food for a while now for a couple of reasons. 1: it's tedious and boring as fck. 2: I decided to stop trying to diet my way out of body fat and decided to just muscle up. So basically, instead of fretting over my food so much I decided to lift weights and practice my inversions a lot more. I also quit eating low fat dairy and just use full fat. Most of my meals are at home and have been fruit,
    and fruit based slushes and milkshakes, cheese, some starch (sweet potato lately), eggs. When I'm out I decided to just eat whatever looked good and make sure to get a lot of movement the next day, and to drink lots of oj.

I ate this for dinner last night, along with 3 pints of lemon wheat beer

It's called The Crybaby. Artisan bun cheeseburger with fried jalapeños and really hot hot wing sauce topped with a fried egg.

I had almost a pint of Hagen Daz for lunch, and a bottle of chocolate milk.

This day of eating would have broken myfitnesspal.

I woke up expecting a food baby, but it wasn't half as bad as I expected.

I'm still full though so I probably will only have milk a d fruit to eat till dinner- which will likely be eggs fried on toasted cheese over steamed sweet potato.

I hope that answers your question SPK, though the short answer is I bet I'm getting more like 3000 cal. But I don't know.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I haven't been tracking my food for a while now for a couple of reasons. 1: it's tedious and boring as fck. ...

....the short answer is I bet I'm getting more like 3000 cal. But I don't know.
    thanks for replying! Agreed on both. I hate tracking but when I did it was surprising how little I was eating. But then it snuck up on me and my body demanded more more more.

it was just something i wondered about, what number you were hitting w/ sizable liquid portions. i like that you've landed on something that works for you & feels healthy. GREAT example to your kids. and congrats on the toe getting better--i love my arnica. Peaceful Mountain is my favorite brand.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Niiiice---both the burger and you.

Hey, so if I want to improve my core strength with the goal of eventually being able to do handstands like you, which yoga poses or bodyweight exercises should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Niiiice---both the burger and you.

Hey, so if I want to improve my core strength with the goal of eventually being able to do handstands like you, which yoga poses or bodyweight exercises should I do?
    Awe shucks thanks Diene.

I am still working on my core strength- getting the hollow belly effect- but I realize now that a decade of several days a week of headstands have gotten me this far without even having to think about it. Now I am actively training my core with the squats and other full body heavy weights, and also doing as many hand and head stands as I can manage in a day---EVERYDAY. And planks and side planks. My friend that was a circus acrobat told me to lay on my back- feet with in steps together, toes pointed and breathe the ribcage together and down- pressing the back as flat on the floor as possible. And hold that to exhaustion over and over. Then raise the feet a few inches and do scissor kicks kind of- also with low back to floor- that pulls the muscle up and in toy the diaphragm and that is what lifts and controls you.

So the ray peat forum is nice. 5 minutes into it I'm standing at the stove making homemade chocolate syrup. If I didn't like some of the people here so much I'd never come back- there are a few turds in the punchbowl lately making it super negative. I've never done it before but I'm considering employing the "ignore" function.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    So the ray peat forum is nice. 5 minutes into it I'm standing at the stove making homemade chocolate syrup. If I didn't like some of the people here so much I'd never come back- there are a few turds in the punchbowl lately making it super negative. I've never done it before but I'm considering employing the "ignore" function.
    Don't leave!! ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I totally feel you lady. After more than a year of posting, last week I suddenly started to find MDA repellent. I miss reading updates from you guys, but I'm definitely going to be around less.

On the upside: I cant get over how much extra time I have since I stopped checking in!!! Guess I've learnt what I needed to know about health, and now it's time to move my energies back to art
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Don't leave!! ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    But mda doesn't have recipes for homemade chocolate syrup

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast