Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Moluv Journal page 14

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi29 View Post
    You are an inspiration moluv! Great work! I'm hoping to have the same results. Been following the high fat, low carb thing for about 3 months now and have started gaining weight so hopefully incorporating some Peaty goodness will turn things in the right direction.
    Thank you Jodi and best wishes to you!

Moluv Journal

So this little line between my ribs is new. And my belly button "donut" of fat appears to be shrinking.

For the past couple days I've had beverages only (milk, oj, coffee) until around 4 pm when the desire for solid food kicks in. Then I have a few pieces of fruit. Later I might nibble on some cheese or frozen or dried fruit for variety. Or have a "monkey milk" (banana, dates, cocoa, milk + sugar and gelatin in the blender). Dinner has been rice cooked in bone broth with chiccarones and cholula. I've had a raw egg yolk or a Mexican coke here and there. No muscle meat for a week solid and I feel more vibrant and in tune with my surroundings.

Workout wise I've added handstand press prep work to my kick ups routine. I'm using props and walls to stabilize and practice lifting slowly up, or one leg at a time. Also working from a pike position off my bed and working on raising and lowering my legs slowly. Lots of free form yoga flows, dancing and stretching as well as working with the foam roller.

Life wise: we've slowed the pace of our move to Santa Fe in order to recover from the stress of all the summer deaths this year. That buys me more time here to have an art show so I'm trying to get motivated on that. I already have enough projects started, they all sit unfinished :/ but it will come. It always does. What I need is a deadline.

Going to contact the dance studios and get into some classes now that we are staying here for a while. I'm afraid all the ballet classes only enroll at the semester, but I can probably get into a jazz or hip hop class.

Zach is offline Banned
    Pretty awesome. And almost exactly how i have been eating. Isnt it nice not have that empty but massive energy feeling all morning/afternoon? Usually i eat my biggest meal and any fat around 7-8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Pretty awesome. And almost exactly how i have been eating. Isnt it nice not have that empty but massive energy feeling all morning/afternoon? Usually i eat my biggest meal and any fat around 7-8pm.
    Yeah, I do not have time for fat during the day. That's to slow me down in the pm. Then I sleep like the aforementioned dead baby rock.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    This is a really good journal. I really approve of your eating plan. It's probably better than mine. I admire your adherence. This is clearly making a huge difference for you - you look great. And that's not one of those empty "you look great's." When I say "you look great" I mean I'd totally hit it.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    What Choco said. Well, except for the "I'd totally hit it" part. But...well, you know....I got to have some decorum on this forum....sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    What Choco said. Well, except for the "I'd totally hit it" part.
    Nah, you'd totally hit it

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Molov - jumping in to say "hi". Which always feels awkward in the Journals; like you're busting into a dressing room full of giggling people.

I was really sorry to hear of your losses and wanted to send you best wishes. Everything you wrote hit some deeply truthful and parallel spots for me. It seemed that you'd disappeared from MDA and I assumed that something must be happening in your life. After reading what you wrote, it really reopened some stuff for me and I'm grateful for it. It's one thing to know intellectually that you've had excruciating loss; its entirely another to find an honest way to be open to it and take care of yourself. I realize now I'm flippant on this site because I have enough going on that I too came to MDA for the lol's....and the info.

Which is why I'm loving your food details––we think so similarly about foodstuffs. I too was really struggling w/ the muscle meat aspect of Primal. It's like my habit-driven-brain says do XYZ but my bod says WTF.

Best to you Molov. (It sounds like your hubby worked firelines or crew? And that is those 2 other losses, the husbands of friends? Hard, hard, very honorable work.)

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    What Choco said. Well, except for the "I'd totally hit it" part. But...well, you know....I got to have some decorum on this forum....sometimes
    Yea...fuck that.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

jodi29 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    RE: handstands

Never done handstands as an exercise before. How would you recommend a beginner to start?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast