Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Moluv Journal page 13

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Is this true Diene? You must try it it'll make you feel amazing.
    Yeah... it's pretty crazy that three of us (and counting?) are undergoing a pretty rapid transformation... in all respects!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah... it's pretty crazy that three of us (and counting?) are undergoing a pretty rapid transformation... in all respects!
    Yes, Di! Hear, hear

diene is offline Senior Member
    Nice tats, moluv. I have to figure out what to get first. I've always really liked Celtic knots. For a while, I thought that I'd just get a triquetta, but now that seems too boring. I want something more elaborate like what you and NW have. But the more complicated, the harder it is to figure out. It's a huge commitment so I don't want to screw it up! (Which is why I still don't have a tattoo--I've been trying not to screw it up for years now.)

Re: Peat. Okay, okay, geez! I get confused about Peat sometimes. I'm still not sure what "eating Peat" entails. Everyone seems to have their own interpretation. Every time I ask, it's like, oh, you can pretty much just eat whatever so long as it's low PUFA and high fruit, except that some fruits are not Peat. Um, okay, I try pretty hard to avoid PUFAs these days, and I've reincorporated cottage cheese into my diet. I eat lots of fruit (some are not Peat though, like peaches, which I love). Anyway, it's hard because I can't survive on just dairy and fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Re: Peat. Okay, okay, geez! I get confused about Peat sometimes. I'm still not sure what "eating Peat" entails. Everyone seems to have their own interpretation. Every time I ask, it's like, oh, you can pretty much just eat whatever so long as it's low PUFA and high fruit, except that some fruits are not Peat. Um, okay, I try pretty hard to avoid PUFAs these days, and I've reincorporated cottage cheese into my diet. I eat lots of fruit (some are not Peat though, like peaches, which I love). Anyway, it's hard because I can't survive on just dairy and fruit.
    Basics: it's high carb, low fat, moderate protein. Sugars over starches, saturated fats over unsaturated. For protein you can actually eat as much meat as you like - Peat just suggests making it red meat and having it with gelatine (favouring gelatinous cuts or having a gelatine sauce). Yeah there's some fruits he suggests not eating, but most of us don't adhere to that... fruit is fruit, brah
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Fruit is fruit, brah

yeah yoB that's right. Except when it's sugar. I'm just eating, er, drinking, sweet things and am not hungry at all. And I'm just like really bubbly, ebullient. I slept last night like a rock. A baby rock. A dead baby rock.

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    yeah yoB that's right.
    Isn't "yob" an insult?!

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Isn't "yob" an insult?!
    Hahaha urban dictionary claims its a mild one, I had no idea that you were a naughty boy I've never heard that before. It's British.

Today is the first day I can see an improvement in how my clothes are fitting and I have also come down 2-3 lbs on the scale but I can't remember for sure.

Happy to have something that is working for me that I also ENJOY doing. It's not hard to drink oj, my appetite is effortlessly less and my activity level is effortlessly more. My general disposition is a little sweeter too. And I smell good.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Niiiiice!! Looking good!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

jodi29 is offline Member
    You are an inspiration moluv! Great work! I'm hoping to have the same results. Been following the high fat, low carb thing for about 3 months now and have started gaining weight so hopefully incorporating some Peaty goodness will turn things in the right direction.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast