Thread: Almond meal? page

Rosegin is offline Senior Member

Almond meal?

Primal Fuel
    Can someone tell me the best, least expensive way to get this? I want to make some primal pancakes for Sunday breakfast but this stuff is NOT cheap. I only have Walmart, Kroger, Meijer and one outrageously priced natural foods store here. I have a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods about 45 minutes away, though. Do they have good prices on things like that? I can't find most of the more "natural" stuff at Walmart and Kroger is usually really high-priced.

I know driving will use more gas but I do love going to Trader Joe's so I won't complain too much. lol
    ~Sandy

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    You can use cheaper dessicated coconut as a flour alternative in this recipe what filling you thinking? I love some thick cream avec berries

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    You could order almonds online in bulk and grind them yourself... or order the coconut online and other such goodies...

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Trader Joe's has almond meal, I think it's 3.99 for 12 oz. (need to check). Generally, their nut prices are the best I've seen unless you have access to a co-op where you can buy bulk cheaper.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    The Trader Joe's bag is a full 16-oz POUND for $3.99. I've never seen it cheaper elsewhere.

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    The Trader Joe's bag is a full 16-oz POUND for $3.99. I've never seen it cheaper elsewhere.
    That's WAY better than $10.19 for a pound (or maybe it was 12 oz.) at Kroger! Thank you! I think we'll be making a trip there this weekend.

I thought about making my own but I don't have a food processor. It's something I want to invest in, but we just don't have the funds right now. We're getting caught up from my DH's 5 month lay off.

Anyway, thanks!
    ~Sandy

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Don't waste your trip to Trader Joe's! Come on, folks, let's help her get her shopping list together.

They have grass-fed ground beef for $6 a pound.
    Thai Chili-Lime Cashews: Whenever a salad or stir-fry needs a bit of zing, I throw a handful of these on top. Ooh-la-la!
    If you want to try coffee with chicory, they have a new blend called New Orleans.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    bring a cooler! the frozen wild organic blueberries and frozen wild-caught fish are fabulous. they have a few varieties of sausages which are primal-friendly and yummy, I like the one with sundried tomatoes. I also prefer their dark chocolate (the little 3 pack of bars for about $1.50) over any other. the almond butter isn't bad either.