Thread: Help and advice please! page

Whitehart is offline Junior Member

Help and advice please!

Primal Fuel
    Hello All,

I have recently taken up the primal diet and am certainly feeling that some improvements have been made.

I have always been in relatively good shape, quite muscular, quite lean, but over the years have accumulated a bit too much fat on my belly so it protrudes slightly. I decided to take up to primal diet to both live a healthier lifestyle as well as to see if I could lose this excess fat.

I have been on the diet with a low carb intake (circa 50g daily) for about 3 weeks now. I certainly saw some improvements in muscle definition in the first week or so, but believe this is to do with redistributing the water that glycogen causes my muscles to store. However, past this first week, I haven't seen any actual fat loss.

Is there any advice or help you could give me? Is it just that I'm eating too much fat or does fat loss not happen after only 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    I've been paleo for 7 months with lots of exercise and my lower belly isn't moving. Give it 6 months and hopefully you see some change

Whitehart is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    I've been paleo for 7 months with lots of exercise and my lower belly isn't moving. Give it 6 months and hopefully you see some change
    From what I have read, surely fat loss should kick in pretty quickly? Am I doing something wrong?

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome! Tell us more. What does your daily food look like? Have you tried intermittent fasting? That worked for me.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial